I wish to be taller

furq

Is it just me or does it feel like were very close to the ground ?, now I'm no giant. I stand bout 6 feet, by my reckoning in game were about 5'1. nothing against smaller people, it's just the world looks a little odd from down here.

I know the feeling, I'm 6'2" IRL, and I find the heights weird. maybe that could be a pro/con for choosing which character.

Will Mackenzie could be taller, but have higher calorie burn, and Anna could be shorter and have lower calorie burn (it works this way IRL too, actually, women's bodies are a lot more efficient with energy than men's bodies)

Gender aside (I was only going along the average statistic that men tend to be taller than women, I know it is not always the case), I do think that the characters ought to have pro's and con's, meaning you can choose which character suits your playstyle better. (I.E. one would be better at combat based tactics, whislt the other would be better at stealth and tracking, one might have better eyesight, or the other might be more resistant to the cold)

I would also like to see an observation mechanic introduced, where the character will say something like "These wolf tracks.... they lead further upriver, best leave that for another time..." or "I feel like something's watching me" when being stalked.

They could give hints and tips in generalised monologues like "That ice looks thin enough to break" or in the case of entering the Carter Hydro Dam "A draft... huh.... a window must be open somewhere" leading to the player to be more cautious. something similar could be "Smells like something's been living in here... and recently".

Archived