Spare time ?

furq

Not all the time, but sometimes you might not want to go to sleep to wait out the storm currently keeping you indoors. How about a place to sit and play patience with a deck of cards or something like that. You could let us play or you could cut screen it like the eating or harvesting mechanic. let it burn 15 or 30 mins instead of the hour sleeping does. also a place to sit and do your busy work, repairing and harvesting and the like.

Some way to speed up time when you are waiting for a storm to pass, or just to warm up before going back outside would be nice. I usually use sleeping for this but in places where there are no beds I use foraging. But with the now limited amount of reclaimed wood inside, this is not always an option.

It could be a good idea to include a speed up option, like holding the spacebar - at the moment when I collect my hiking food and water, go to the door to get out and go foraging/hunting and I step out into a blizzard, fog or just very cold weather I have to turn around, go back to bedroom, sleep, get up, check again. Another way, having an option to sit on a chair and rest (for selected amount of time) with less resting bonus than the bed.

On the other hand, removing or adjusting the reason a player could have for waiting would probably be a better, more immersive option, but I don't see how you can avoid waiting through a blizzard other than the unthinkable, i.e. removing the blizzard.

Archived