Staying Warm Indoors, Portable Kerosene Heaters, Colds

Incariuz

I'd like it if players had to have a fire going indoors from time to time in order to avoid freezing. Requiring them to start fires when they first get in from a long outing, or before going to bed to ensure they don't freeze. In conjunction with this it would be cool to see portable kerosene heaters as a rare item that can be used in situations where you don't have wood stockpiled. Lastly, the ability to catch colds, perhaps making your player sniffle, cough, sneeze and so on, which could present some little stat issues like getting tired quicker, or thirsty, or in some situations, causing a wolf to notice you're in a weak condition and attack you.

Firstly, wolves need no more prompting to attack you, end of story. They are vicious buggers as it is.

Secondly, I have brought up portable kerosene heaters before: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1963

Thirdly, people light fires when they get in anyway, since you need to to cook off venison, or it takes too long to warm up via bodyheat when idling inside.

Colds would be constant and insufferable (I have one as I write this), and I cannot tell you how annoying it would be to stalk a deer and line up a shot and then cough as you pull the trigger, spooking the deer and wasting a precious bullet.

I don't find wolves to be a threat at all, I haven't played much on the coastal highway map yet though, perhaps it's harder, but the short bit I spent on it didn't seem it, just felt like a supply depot. The rifle isn't even needed for hunting I find, as long as I have a flare, I get free venison by just watching wolves and waiting to steal a deer from them. Those are my reasons for this idea. Plus I only need to cook every so many days, I find myself burning wood just for the hell of it cause I end up stockpiled on everything not needing to even go outdoors.

You've been lucky. I have had a terrible time with wolves. They've been toned down a bit post update, but previously I had 5 different wolves attack me at the camp office, each time I'd had to shoot them, burning through 2 magazines before I relocated to the trapper's homestead to escape them.

You've been lucky. I have had a terrible time with wolves. They've been toned down a bit post update, but previously I had 5 different wolves attack me at the camp office, each time I'd had to shoot them, burning through 2 magazines before I relocated to the trapper's homestead to escape them.

Am I just extremely lucky? Because the most damage I take from wolves is 5-10% and the fight doesnt last longer than a second. I'm literally more afraid of food poisoning than wolves. In 99 days I killed 20-30 wolves without firing my gun once, at one point I just started leaving the gun at base because it's too heavy.

As for the cold, it's a virus like flu so you have to catch it from someone, other things like lung infections and so on would probably be a death sentence, even with antibiotics.

Archived