2. FUR CLOTHING FROM HIDES

3. KNIFE MADE OF BONE

4. FACEMASKS

FORTH PART OF MY WISHLIST IS LOCATIONS.

1. SEVERAL REGIONS

2. TOWNS

3. ONE MEDIUM SIZED CITY

4. HIGHWAYS OF VEHICLES

I WANT TO THANK HINTERLAND FOR LETTING ME ADD MY WISHLIST. "A GREAT GAME FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE."- JERRY STAUB

In response to your suggestion:

Firstly, might I ask if could check your keyboard to see if your Caps lock is jammed?

Secondly, Hide can already be harvested from animals to repair items. Bone knifes are difficult to make, and are liable to shatter at low temperatures. Ski masks may be of use, and perhaps balaclavas as a means of wind protection on the face.

Your bow and arrow suggestion has already been brought up multiple times, so may I suggest you browse the forums before posting to see prior discussions concerning new additions.

Thirdly, I might mention to you that the story is that you are in the northern canadian wilderness. Looking at Canada itself on the map, cities in the north are few and far between. As for the request for "several regions" you are aware of the time it took for the second map to be released? It will take some time before all the maps are constructed, so sit tight and wait with the rest of us.

Finally, why highways of vehicles? Northern Canada has a low percentage of traffic on its roads, so vehicles would be sparse at best. None would be functional, either, since the devs (so far) have shown no interest in allowing any form of technology to live through the Geomagnetic storm. I might also point out that the geomagnetic storm was a spontaneous, freak event that no one predicted, so there would be no Walking-dead style mass exodus from the north.

Rant end.

TO ETERNITYTIDE,

I DO KNOW I HAVE THE KEYBOARD ON CAPS LOCK LOL. ANOTHER THING IS ABOUT THE HIDE I WAS SUGGESTING THAT WE COULD MAKE ACTUAL FUR CLOTHING FROM THE HIDE. WHY HIGHWAYS OF VEHICLES YOU SAY? WELL I SEEN THE PICTURE OF THE ABANDONED HIGHWAY PICTURE ON THE LONG DARK FACEBOOK PAGES AND THE OFFICAL WEBSITE OF THE LONG DARK.

Fur clothing is not really all as effective as you'd think. If anything of this sort should be added, it should be the ability to craft clothing from existing cloth (which brings in the possibility of hide).

Plus the abandoned coastal highway, which I have explored up and down the entire map, has no vehicles to speak of.

as I said in my previous post, there would be no Walking-dead style mass exodus from the north via vehicles, because THEY WOULD NOT WORK, because by the time people start trying to leave, the geomagnetic storm has struck and fritzed out all the tech. You needn't address each post to individuals on a forum, just mention their names.

Hmm this is game is about a pilot named William Mackenzie who wants to go home to his family or his wife. ( Update 2 ) His family should live in a village or a town. Towns or villages have roads and on this roads there could be some vehicles. So this part could be quite possible. But as EternityTide has pointed out not like a mass exodus.

The most temperature we lose is through the face and head by breathing in and out (60% of the whole lost calories). The air has to be warmed before it gets to the lungs and the warm air is then exhaled.

I never tried a balaclava in a cold enviorment, but the one that i have is very thin. So i do not belive that it will keep me warmer. The best cold protection for the face and head is a polish / russian / scandinavian fur hat in my opinion with a good scarf. (In my experience.)

But Jerry please write in a normal fashion, because it looks awkward.

I'm just so excited about this game and the concept art is so promising I just hope they keep going with it. It's a great game so far. I'm just too excited about it. I wonder how big they will make this game. My letters aren't awkward now right? Lol

We all are, and with every update it gets better and better. I have read from TarjaS ( VIP Backer ) that there will be around 10 Areas for the Sandbox. If this areas are also in the Story campagne, i don't know. So even the Sandbox could be 5 times as large as it is currently.

Thats great i hope they make a game bigger than gta 5. They just have a great game that everyone will enjoy. Especially when winter is around the corner. Flurries on Halloween this year was unexpected. Then again thats nothing new living in the mountains myself in Garrett county maryland lol

I eat Flurries for breakfest. And for lunch.. And for dinner.... I am afraid to go out of my cabin, because.... i don't want to eat Flurries anymore.... :cry:

Thread Topic:

What i miss is a thick norwegian turtleneck sweater.

This was only a joke. We had in germany a very warm october. In northern germany we have rain and if it is cold then the moisture in the air is really annoying, even for russians that lived in siberia. If it begins to snow then it gets better, because the moisture in the air is lower. I always laugh with russians that in siberia it is so cold that the water freezes before it gets to the ground (-40°C), but the felt cold, was not so vicious like a cold rain weather (2°C).

Thread Topic:

We need foxes in the game not only wolves.

In my country we are lucky if we get snow or frost. most of the time we get nothing but rain, floods, more rain, rain, rain, a tad of showers, then rain, torrential rain, and.... ummmm.... oh yeah, more rain.

The last time we had a decent snow was january 2013. since then it has been crap.

@EternityTide

Where do you live? Ireland, Wales, Scootland, England, Frence, Spain?

A cold rain around 3°C is worse than a flurry with -10°C in my perception. Snow does not make your clothes wet and it even protects you from the cold, by isolating the air cushion in your clothes. But a cold rain creeps into every hole, makes your clothes wet and destroys the air cushion. The cloths then stick to your skin with the cold rain. I hate this!

While a nice flurry makes me smile.

@jerry

-20°C on a three days biwak, f..k a assault rifle is really f......g cold and not even mittens cannot protect you, from this cold, if you are holding a assault rifle. One loses every feeling in the fingers. The worst thing we had no thermal underwear for such an cold, and lying on the ground for 30 minutes is a real torture, shaking has a new meaning in this context. You cannot think, you cannot do something that needs fine control, you can barely move or talk. A fire is really a blessing. Because of the army boots and the cold i have lost feelings in my toes for at least half a year.

-38°C in Poland on a survival trip near bialowieza, but we had to stop our trip after one day because a storm was coming and that could be really dangerous, with this temperatures.

Thread Topic:

We need lynx and predatory birds like eagles and falcons. One per map should be enough.

The birds could hunt the bunnies or even the crows. But this is more a cosmetic thing because i doubt that we would hunt the predatory birds. A nice lynx pelt on the other hand...

@EternityTide

So i made a good assumption about your living place, based only on the weather conditions you have described.

Do you speak cymraeg? If i have a son i will name him Emrys (first name) Myrddin (second name) or Llywelyn. It will sound weird with a polish family name, but i love the sound of celtic languages and naturally the folk music.

Thread Topic:

Rats where previously people dwelled. Also to add the wolves should be gray to white, because of their winter pelt.

I live in Wales. Bloody hellhole it can be sometimes. It's a preety place when it wants to be , but most of the time it's driving rain and howling winds. My house is fairly high up on a hill, so we get battered and soaked at the same time

I've moved from Ireland to sunny Malta a while back, mostly in order to escape the weather and here I am playing The Long Dark, what is wrong with me, too much of Northern Exposure in my younger days maybe...

Archived