Survival: Can you drink your own pee?

robdoar

I could drink my own pee, but while playing TLD I don't imagine, regardless of game quality, that I would ever become immersed enough to drink my urine while sitting in a temperature controlled environment where food/drink and lavatories are so near.

Now if it is a possibility in the game, I plan on doing it as often as possible, Will can deal with drinking a bit of urine.

If it was a life and death situation, but has it been scientifically proven that drinking your own urine as if you were dehydrated would actually benefit you?

Technically you would be drinking everything that your body doesn't want you to have. I would assume its not very healthy.

If it was a life and death situation, but has it been scientifically proven that drinking your own urine as if you were dehydrated would actually benefit you?

A well hydrated person's urine is about 95% water, and 5% waste. That 5% is a salty mix of toxins. That concentration increases the more dehydrated you are.

You can cause serious illness drinking your own urine. It's a big no-no in all survival training in the US military

Archived