Antarctic Explorer's Notebook Found And Restored After 100 Y

Schamoo

"Over a century ago, legendary British explorer Captain Robert Scott and his polar party journeyed to the South Pole to investigate the wildlife of this poorly studied continent. Although Scott and four colleagues never returned home due to deplorable weather conditions, six other men comprising the Northern Party managed to survive the harsh winter of 1912."

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/a ... d-restored

• 2 months later...

I love stories like that- Tales of courage and grit! Although I'm a woman. I have always been attracted to adventure, challenge and the testing of the spirit within us. I always wanted to be a runner in the Iditarod dog sled race---but honestly could not say if I would survive such an undertaking.

Thanks for sharing the link :)

Little Fox~

• 1 month later...
I love stories like that- Tales of courage and grit! Although I'm a woman. I have always been attracted to adventure, challenge and the testing of the spirit within us.

I would like to advice you to shed away the mindset that being a woman somehow would be detrimental to you goals. Perhaps you didn't mean much when you wrote "Although I am a woman", but I get a feeling from those words. Ever since I was little and saw how strong my mother and sisters were compared to their men, I decided that I would never look at a woman as a weaker person. And whenever I see an eager woman who's put down by a man who thinks his 15% more muscle mass makes him somehow better, I don't laugh, I boil.

First and foremost you're a human being, like every other person on this planet. Every person has completely different abilities and strengths, but those should be discovered, not told to us. On an ending note I would like to tell about my young niece who is much like my sister. She always wants to climb up on the highest horse, the highest tree and so forth. I become so glad when I see her exploring and expanding her personal limits, and I just hope that someday all women can do the same.

/Random dude on the interwebs ;)

Archived