First Screens of The Long Dark!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Yesterday, we shared these with backers. It's been a long time coming, perhaps even longer for us than it feels like it's been for you all waiting out there.

EMnE4ST.jpg

It's always difficult and nerve-wracking to share anything for the first time -- it's safer to just keep working on it until you feel it's perfect. But, it's also very important for us to lift our heads from our work, once in a while, share a bit of what we're doing, and see if we're on the right track.

6L08PYM.jpg

We hope you like what we're doing. There's a lot more on the way.

• Hinterland
This look pretty amazing. You've done a great work on the design. It's difficult to see the difference with the artworks. :)

Yup, it's always been our goal to create an iconic, illustrative art style in concept and then stay as true to this as possible in transitioning from 2D to 3D.

It's a testament to the amazing team on the game that they've managed to preserve the style so well. I'm biased, but it truly is a beautiful game.

The "mountain view with wooden lookout tower on top" screenshots I enjoy the most. They are breathtaking.

Right now I enjoy them combined with some atmospheric music from the project pitch video. Now I am speachless (big eyes, mouth wide open).

Epic moment for this situation starts at 0:51.

[bBvideo 560,340:1548y8qc]

[/bBvideo]

The screen shots look stellar! They are so unique, fresh and really draw me into the scene. I can hardly wait to see what else you all have hidden behind the curtain. Whatever you all are putting in your pancakes, keep doing exactly THAT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 04/04/2014 at 0:59 PM, indianajonas said:

The "mountain view with wooden lookout tower on top" screenshots I enjoy the most. They are breathtaking.

Right now I enjoy them combined with some atmospheric music from the project pitch video. Now I am speachless (big eyes, mouth wide open).

Epic moment for this situation starts at 0:51.

[bBvideo 560,340:1548y8qc]

[/bBvideo]

What's this music at 58'' ? So deep

Archived