New Sandbox Region Coming October 29th!!

Raphael van Lierop

I think it will not be released earlier than announced.

a) 29th of October has 24h and ends 0:00 on Thursday

b) the day still has 10h left in Europe

c) in Canada it is even 6 hours earlier currently it is only 9am!

Asking now is probably very annoying to the developers. Or what do you say if you promised to pick somebody up late in the afternoon and said person is waiting the whole day on the pavement, constantly sending you desperate text messages and calls where you are?

QWOP is a simple sports game in which you have to cover as much distance as possible. Use the four keys to move your athlete. Use the Q key to lift right thigh and W key to lift left thigh. Use P and Q keys to contract the calves of the body. You have to press the keys in a regular pattern otherwise athlete will fall helplessly. Keep your balance and try to run as far as possible or crawl if you can’t manage to run…

http://play-qwop.com/

http://www.qwop.me/qwop/

I honestly don't think the devs are reading the forums at the moment (or have been reading much in the past few days)...

And if I promised someone that I would pick him up today, and he's texting me "where the hell are you", I should probably have agreed on a time with him... So getting those texts is partly my own fault.

Of course the devs aren't going to say "we'll be releasing the patch on Wednesday 29th of October at 19.23 hours Comox Valley (Victoria Island, Canada) local daylight savings time. Because then at 19.24 people would start going nuts if they haven't released by then.

You are right of course that we should just be patient and wait, especially since the day has only started for them. That's the problem with the time difference for us Europeans... But like I said, if they would know (or expect) that they could not deliver today, they would probably have let us know by now. So unless something really gets in the way (build breaking bug or something) I'm expecting the patch today (Western Canada time). And like you said, that gives them another 16 hours...

c) in Canada it is even 6 hours earlier currently it is only 9am!

Actually the studio is on the west coast, so it's 7:43 AM right now

Lol. That's what I meant. They probably haven't even woken up yet, and will be greeted by a barrage of impatient complaints from Europe, while players in Australia and Japan have already started building barricades.

On October 29th, we're more than doubling the size of The Long Dark's Sandbox, with the addition of a whole new playable region.

We're also adding a new type of wildlife, a new way to hunt, many new locations, dozens of UI fixes, more optimization and bug fixing, and widespread tuning changes to account for the larger Sandbox world.

For now, here's a tease. We'll share more in the days leading up to October 29th.

- The Hinterland Tea

It did not say October 29th 2014, only October 29th. They did not share anything in the last days so that means they mean October 2015!

Archived