Metal containers in snow

Burning Bridges

Spoilers inside!

[spoil]Has somebody found out how many metal containers are hidden on the map? I don't want to know the exact locations, just the approximate number.

So far I know the location of 2 such containers, which are really not easy to find

Good job by the way in hiding some things on the map that keep things interesting.[/spoil]

I found though that the metal container is not a good place to store items, it has the same degradation rate as inside container. That makes it much less useful for me, because currently a lot of my games is about getting as much outside storing space as I can, and it must be close to my base.

Seems there aren't that many more. But still, keep your eyes open, there might be more of them and they could turn your game around. There is often pretty good stuff in metal containers.

• 3 weeks later...

Can i join your disscussion? Cause yes, i found some of these matal containers too and also Hatches. And i want to ask somtehing: how many of them (hatches) might be on one run? I discovered 2 of them so far, but on the other run i wasn't able to locate the hatches where i found the again. That means they're random?

Do you mean hatchets, as in the small ax you can use for chopping firewood? Or hatches as in metal doors in the ground?

If you mean hatches, there should only be one hatch in every game, leading to the prepper's bunker. And it's location is randomized, just like a lot of things are randomized in this game.

Yeah, the one leading to the prepper's cache. (Made a mistake in that post, sorry for misunderstanding :) Hatch - hatchet, heh.)

One for every game, ok ty. But it's location isn't 100% randomized, right? i mean, as if with dead bodies and other stuff. There are "spots" where it could appear, and it will be placed randomly on one of these spots, right?

There are 8 or 9 spots where it can appear.

If you want to look for them, look in the thread about maps, people have charted all spots. Although I personally think that the Preppers Cache was intended as something that people stumble upon by chance (after 14 days and more), not something to actively look for.

I also think it is overestimated as a source of resources. Yes, there are some nice things inside, especially the ammo can be useful. But the consumable resources wont last more than a few days.

I didn't know about it before i found one. I just understood they're somewhere around the edges of the map. Then i found onother one. Originally Ijust ventured near the cornes to look what's there and how did the developers made... well... THE EDGES. They are mostly uninteresting, the high mountains on the backscene absolutely undetalized. And then i saw something... strange. Was too far from me, couldnt define it, something like stone, but it was not. That was my first bunker, there was EVERYTHING I needed so far, and that premiun coat... yeah that was really rewarding. Second bunker was found on the first day of my other game, few items there but lots of food, i decided to stay there for as long as i could, made it for 5 days straight there.

Archived