More animals and health issues

multiafonso

First of all: Hello form Portugal! And thanks for developing such and awesome game :) .

I'd like to see added some more animals (like bears, eagles, etc.) and maybe even some type of fish (you could build an improvised fishing rod and fish from the holes in the lake).

I'd also love to see some more health issues, like a broken leg (if you fall of a long hill), which would make you walk like you're exhausted, and would basically mean certain death, unless you have tons of food, and take the painkillers and rest for a month or so. I don't know many people who can do that (I can't, for example). Similarly there could also be the possibility of a broken arm, which would make searching and handling tools much slower and sloppier. Although it may seem dumb, because it would ruin that save, it can be a fun experience, simply because it can happen in real life when you're surviving.

As you were victim of a plane crash, I think it could be possible to start the game with an injury (sprained ankle, broken arm/leg, bruised elbow - if you add it, of course - etc.)

Thanks for reading :D and good luck!

I would probably stay away from serious injuries like broken arms and legs because, like you said, those sorts of injuries spell almost certain death. As a survival simulator it is important the protagonist's health is taken into account when determining efficiency, but something as drastic as the aforementioned injuries would more than likely be met with a restart/load game by the player. I believe the sprained ankle provides enough deterrent from "jumping" down ledges and immersion/roleplaying opportunities, but still balancing the mechanics of how the condition is treated compared to other ailments.

I agree. If there are ailments that are to complicated to heal or take too long to fix up, players will load or just start a new game. And honestly, I don't think it would add to immersion. Even now I am sometimes complaining to my character why he sprains his/her ankles so much. If you add broken bones, I would certainly reload my savegame from earlier and try again.

Archived