online function, leaving object and messages

BRAINSTUDIO

SANDBOX ONLY

One day maybe..i start this concept from demon\dark souls

The game remain single player but..if you're connected when you die you can choose 1 to 3 object to leave into your body and maybe a personalized message on paper.

I don't know how but the server decide that (for example in your game there are normally 12 death body randomized)

those bodyes are the last 12 players in that map in the same position where they die

So example, i died in the middle of the lake for hungy.. a pop uf after my death ask me first if i wanna leave my body or not

Second, 1 to 3 object and if i wanna leave a message

If next player in his game found my bosy (with my nik) can obtain 1 or all 3 my objects and read my message

Nothing special but as demon soul you feel that other people to survive

they can give you an help or can leave you a 1% can opener..

And think bodyes become more interesting..now they are like a box..with this they can have a story..

I like the idea, but the Sandbox is for survival under the same circumstances. if your idea was implemented, it would screw severely with the balance, maybe someone dies and leaves behind a premium coat, 20 Ammo and insulated boots. Receiving those items in a game would be a huge advantage. You can easily survive another 40 to 80 days with those Items. I think if you want to have leaderboards, this idea will have huge impact on the possible leaderboard times and give unfair advantages to good players, if they are lucky enough to get them.

So in my opinion, a new survival mode would be needed, where it's harder to survive. like having to travel through 20 maps and each is harder than the last, or add it in the story mode. But I don't think this would be good for the sandbox mode.

oh also, you would have to randomize the place where the player died, because otherwise all bodies would be in the same places. 3 Bodies in the dam, near Fluffy. 5 bodies in the Camp Office next to the bed. 2 bodies outside camp office, 2 bodies random on the map.

oh also, you would have to randomize the place where the player died, because otherwise all bodies would be in the same places. 3 Bodies in the dam, near Fluffy. 5 bodies in the Camp Office next to the bed. 2 bodies outside camp office, 2 bodies random on the map.

Sure, i'm not a programmer but i t was thinking about something calculating:

1)No more than one body in the same "house" or "area" (every area have a name so probably is opossible)

2)Automatic equipment balance. In your example of 3 "perfect object" he gives me only one, or a filter when you die to item you can choose.

I found very interesting also the un-susefull (gaming talking) part about messages. To create more athmosphere.

I think if you died after 100 days you will be glad if another player found your bosy and your story..maybe can unlock your log story from the log option that i read today ecc ecc. I think will me more immersive

Archived