More mountain caves that go into the mountain

REZ

What did you imagine there? Underground caves like in "The Forest", with whole populations living in there? Small bear caves? Wolves' Den? Or man made structures like a Coal Mine?

I like the idea of a coal mine for getting something to burn in the oven, but it seems much easier to forage for wood than to go down a coal mine. And other than that, there's just not that much interesting stuff down there in a dark hole that would make going down there worthwhile, when you have to struggle to find food, water and shelter. :)

Having a few caves around (nothing too deep or expansive) would be pretty interesting to explore, especially if it naturally sheltered you from the wind/cold and had access to other minor resources. However, I think the funnest part of adding a few caves would be the random spawn of a hibernating/awakening bear.

Warmth and shelter from the wind would be the most beneficial aspect of caves. Plus, if you are stuck in a snow storm, if you find a cave you can huddle into your bedroll with a slightly greater chance of surviving the storm.

Non-potable water source (give those purification tablets something to do instead of look pretty in my inventory). This could be as simple as an interaction menu that comes up upon clicking on non-frozen water. You could have the option to "Gather Unsafe Water" and how many liters. Likewise, the fishing interface could be tied to this.

Backpacks, corpses (frozen or unfrozen?), bears. That would pretty much do it.

However, I think the funnest part of adding a few caves would be the random spawn of a hibernating/awakening bear.

Hello,

or entering the cave becomes avilable after a certain time to be the connection to a new map, a new level.

What do You think about that idea?

C.U. R.E.Z.

You could always pull a Fallout transition where you come across a cave that has a sealed entrance with a gate or something. You activate the interface, load screen, you are inside the cave and the Devs can do all SORTS of stuff. Only thing is it isn't very realistic to have a lot of places (or any places) like that in the middle of the Canadian wilderness.

Yeah. I would like to see a small mining prospector's tunnel. Doesn't have to be much, just a small tunnel carved into a rock face, maybe 30 feet in, and perhaps a small chamber at the end.

It should make a very good emergency shelter, on par with a cabin. It's rock, so you should be able to start a fire inside. It would be comparable to the prepper's cache, though perhaps more believeable. And you can stock it with random loot, heavy on tools like hatchets, axes, picks, lanterns, matches, and wood, and perhaps a few MRE's. Also, it would likely be occupied by a grumpy predator or two.

i really like the idea of wolf dens which i mentioned in a thread. but i think you would find things like animal carcasses, or even human. said humans might have additional gear on them. or i really like the idea of a coal mine, maybe have it collapsed part way through so it doesn't trail in to deep, and again you could find corpses with supplies, pick axes, shovels, or coal for fires, i think there is a lot of possibilities with caves in general. and like levism said shelter...and i dont expect them to be littering the land but maybe a random spawn just like the bunker.

Archived