Few ideas...

tucker27

1/ Be able to tame a wolf as a companion (with perseverance... like deposing food near the same wolf for a period of time), the wolf has always the bad role in a survival game...

2/ Sandbox with dynamic map every new game a bit like "Sir you are being hunted" (it's too easy to know your way after few games), every new game should be a new discovery in itself.

3/ Ice should be harvested for immediate thirst.

4/ Fishing pole (ice lake fishing)

5/ old rusty snowmobile (very rare)

6/ trapping (which implies more wildlife: snow rabbits, Squirrels, foxes, etc...)

1 i cant agree with, i just don't see being able to tame a wild beast (bite the hand that feeds). 2 this is only one region of that map that is available right now....there will be other regions (alpha dont forget) also there releasing another map soon. 3 not a bad idea but eating very cold ice would drop your body temperature quicker. 4 there's a thread on this Ice Fishing Thread and will more than likely be an addition. 5 i like the idea but depending on the vehicle the EMP blast could have made it useless Transportation Thread. 6 rabbits and and squirrels are being added, and if you look at some of the concept art they do have a bear. so also these features will surely be added later Approved Changes Thread.

I can’t agree with 1 – being able to tame a wolf is not very realistic as you won’t be able to tame a zombie. And for 3 I agree with gwishades in the real world, drinking really cold water is a really bad idea and lowers the body temperature. Ice Fishing would be awesome! I saw that ice shakes and that is the first thing that came to my mind! And old rusty snowmobile would be cool but you’d have to be able to fix it and stuff 1st doesn’t make it too easy! Trapping would be awesome as well.

Cool that fishing and more wildlife will be added.

About taming the wolf, I would say that Wolves like humans are mammals and one of the main trait of all mammals is feeling and emotion. They are far from "zombies" and I don't think the comparison is adequate. To cut the apple in two, a rule could say that among the wolves population on the map, a very few % would be more incline to be tamed with time ( the pace of the game is already augmented for gaming purpose, why not the taming process?). Dogs after all were (lazy) wolves which followed human tribes and fed on their waste. Another possibilities would be to capture a young one in a den or to find a surviving dog pet near a human settlement. The advantages of a dog companion would be huge in many ways. Helping you to track preys or/and food, scent a imminent danger, defend you when attacked, etc... I remember having a great time in fallout 3 with the dog companion.

I agree that ice would have to lower your body temp but it would be a last resort move: die or live another hour to find resources.

About the dynamic map, yes there will be other locations but, admit it, once you know the map, it becomes quite boring. A modular and randomized sandbox map would be amazing... they already do it for the bunker I believe, so why not for all the locations on the map? It would give a real and genuine new experience every new game.

I like the ice idea exactly BECAUSE it's kind of a bad idea to do it in real life. If you're blindly wandering aruond, about to die of thirst, you eat some snow to get to water, but it negatively impacts your body temperature. If you're already maxed out on the cold meter, maybe eating it will help with thirst, but take 5-10% off of your condition.

I like the ice idea exactly BECAUSE it's kind of a bad idea to do it in real life. If you're blindly wandering aruond, about to die of thirst, you eat some snow to get to water, but it negatively impacts your body temperature. If you're already maxed out on the cold meter, maybe eating it will help with thirst, but take 5-10% off of your condition.

I really like this concept of ya drink the ice cold water and having it take a % off your condition!

The main problem with taming wolves and other wild animals is that it's not something you can rush. It wouldn't take a day, or even a week. We are probably talking about taming a wolf for even as much as a few months. You might not be able to tame an adult wolf no matter how long you try - it mostly works with pups, however it's not a guarantee. Dynamic maps are hard to make because they are usually ending up with unnatural ground formation, just like in 7 days to die, if you pick generated map you could see a mountain running almost through the middle of a city.

It's why I would see taming a wolf for a second phase of the game, when you entered a routine like these hardcore gamers with 30+ days, it would give them a bit of a novelty and new possibilities in the (boring) gameplay to stay alive on the long run.

About dynamic terrains, it's all about ruling algorithms, example, a rule that defend a cabin to be placed on inaccessible places... no more than 3 set of cabins together, etc... if well designed, the procedural world can be attractive, playable and new every time (for a sandbox purpose only... for a story-driven plot, I understand that randomizing a map would be probably too difficult to create).

Archived