PS4 Pre-Ordering available

Mel Guille

Hey everyone, we've just received confirmation that The Long Dark will be available for pre-order on PS4 starting next Tuesday, July 18th. The game will also be 20% off the full launch price of $34.99 USD!

Check out our PS4 Store Page.

UPDATE:
This offer is limited to most regions of North and South America. Please check the PlayStation Store to see if pre-ordering is available in your area.

If you'd like to get news and announcements about The Long Dark by email, sign up for our newsletter.

PS4 Preorder Banner v1.png

2 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

I don't know for the others, but i need another trailer until 1st august ! Maybe a couple of vignettes at least. 

Ooh, that'd be nice. Wouldn't even have to show new areas. I just love it when Hinterland match music to their sweeping trailer/update videos. I even find myself re-watching old update videos sometimes. 

Anyway, I shall inform my PS4 friends.

Sorry for the confusion everyone, it turns out that pre-ordering is currently limited to North America. This is something we're looking into, and we're hoping to have resolved soon.

I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information!

20 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

Sorry for the confusion everyone, it turns out that pre-ordering is currently limited to North America. This is something we're looking into, and we're hoping to have resolved soon.

I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information!

Okay! I hope you will resolve this, thanks :):)

• Mel Guille changed the title to PS4 Pre-Ordering available

Unfortunately it looks like for now Pre-ordering is only available in the Americas. This is due to the specific build we've submitted for approval to PlayStation as well as the regions we currently have official ratings for.

We're sorry for the mix-up in communication --  we were really looking forward to having pre-orders available to everyone, but it looks like we're still learning the ins and outs of the PlayStation certification system.

Here is the full list of all the regions where PS4 pre-ordering is currently available. It's pretty much everywhere in the Americas except Brazil, where we are still waiting for an official rating.

US           
Canada
Mexico            
Argentina            
Bolivia            
Chile            
Colombia            
Costa Rica            
Ecuador            
El Salvador            
Guatemala            
Honduras            
Nicaragua            
Panama            
Paraguay            
Peru            
Uruguay       

6 hours ago, Flow said:

This really sucks for all us Europeans.. We always get left behind on these things..

Sadly, this is the case for a lot of US-based Corporations, such as Sony. They treat the rest of the world as unimportant, and like 2nd class citizens.

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Sadly, this is the case for a lot of US-based Corporations, such as Sony. They treat the rest of the world as unimportant, and like 2nd class citizens.

I'm starting to realize that.. :/

On 7/18/2017 at 8:49 PM, Mel Guille said:

Unfortunately it looks like for now Pre-ordering is only available in the Americas. This is due to the specific build we've submitted for approval to PlayStation as well as the regions we currently have official ratings for.

We're sorry for the mix-up in communication --  we were really looking forward to having pre-orders available to everyone, but it looks like we're still learning the ins and outs of the PlayStation certification system.   

So, to get things clear. You aren't trying to make the pre-ordering offer available for Europeans? Or are you guys still trying?

I've bought the game on PC quite a while ago but was thinking of getting it on PS4 as well. That was when I thought the offer applied to EU..

1 hour ago, VinceCgto said:

So, to get things clear. You aren't trying to make the pre-ordering offer available for Europeans? Or are you guys still trying?

I've bought the game on PC quite a while ago but was thinking of getting it on PS4 as well. That was when I thought the offer applied to EU..

Sony shut them down. Hinterland can't do anything anymore. It's NA only. It's Sony's decision and Hinterland can't do much now. Unfortunately, that was always the American companies mentality to Europeans, it's not a new issue.

We haven't forgotten about our European players! This particular offer is through Sony America, which is why it's not available in other regions. We don't think Sony's trying to block us or our players in Europe or any other region, but there are a lot of things to consider with regards to getting ratings confirmed and release scheduling set up in different parts of the world. 

Right now the team is dealing with a lot of moving parts -- unfortunately I don't any further information I can confirm regarding pre-orders or discounts right now but I promise we're thinking about you. We'll keep you posted, but if you'd like to get information about offers and discounts sent to you directly I strongly recommend signing up for news by email

Thanks for all your patience, everyone!

6 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

We haven't forgotten about our European players! This particular offer is through Sony America, which is why it's not available in other regions. We don't think Sony's trying to block us or our players in Europe or any other region, but there are a lot of things to consider with regards to getting ratings confirmed and release scheduling set up in different parts of the world. 

Right now the team is dealing with a lot of moving parts -- unfortunately I don't any further information I can confirm regarding pre-orders or discounts right now but I promise we're thinking about you. We'll keep you posted, but if you'd like to get information about offers and discounts sent to you directly I strongly recommend signing up for news by email

Thanks for all your patience, everyone!

Personally I'm getting the game no matter what, but it'd be nice if everyone would get that discount in some form :P

1 hour ago, Mel Guille said:

We don't think Sony's trying to block us or our players in Europe or any other region

Sony may not be intentionally trying to do that, but their (and many other Corporations) structures are set up in such a way that non-NA countries constantly get the rough end of the deal. Which amounts to the same thing as if it were intentional. They're aware of the problems it causes customers, but clearly they don't care about it enough to change things.

As a friend of mine puts it, POSIWID, meaning, the Point Of a System, Is What It Does.

Oh dear... I was about to buy it till I noticed that there is no pre-orders for Europeans... torn between not being lazy and plugging my laptop to my TV or buying it when it comes out or even waiting for a PS4 sales... do we have a three sided coin so I can flip it?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived