Did voyager get harder?

jonque007

Did voyager get harder?

Not voyager specifically. In my opinion, the game got slightly harder in general: one reason for me is the new climbing restriction. Another reason is: before Cartographer, you heard a bear long before you are in danger. Unfortunately, his invisible Raven comrades seem to be nearly muted now? I like it - it's thrilling!

But the most difficult thing for me is ....to deal with the new interface, especially the medical treatment area is a mess.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, Carbon said:

You're doing the wolf a favor. The ones outside can at least hunt for food; Fluffy is doomed to die from starvation. 

Unless you make a deal with Fluffy and direct other survivors there, telling them it's perfectly safe. Fluffy gets the tender flesh and any fur/hair-care products they might have on them, you get the loot. Win/win!

3 hours ago, Nervous Pete said:

Unless you make a deal with Fluffy and direct other survivors there, telling them it's perfectly safe. Fluffy gets the tender flesh and any fur/hair-care products they might have on them, you get the loot. Win/win!

I actually tell them Fluffy is my grandmother. They all talk about how big her eyes and ears are. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 9:24 PM, Wasteland Watcher said:

Been playing Voyageur, and Voyageur only, since Nov 2015. It has not gotten harder. Actually it's gotten a bit easier since Winter 2015 :P

Those commenting on less loot should know that when I play now it feels like I'm finding more loot than I was in winter 2015~spring 2016.

I've only played on voyager for a couple years as well.  For me it has definitely gotten harder.  I don't know if it was the FC update or the one before it, though.  I used to never get attacked by packs of wolves and now it happens a lot.  I used to only get attacked by one wolf at a time or there was time to get to a location where you could recover before the next wolf attacked.  Now when I get attacked, my wounds attract other wolves and the next one is bearing down on me as I'm standing up from the first attack.  I usually get 2 or 3 wolves at time.  

I'm no longer dying as much from wolf pack attacks since I found out about the fire exploit but that only works if you are on level ground and it's not too windy.  The scent feature of FC does make charging packs more likely for me but it's the fact that I get attacked by  packs at all that bothers me.  I always assumed that was a stalker thing.

I haven't noticed a change in loot because after years of playing the same level...sometimes I get really good loot and sometimes I don't.  The overall average hasn't changed for me.  The wolf behavior is definitely different than when I started.  

17 hours ago, fearofspam said:

I've only played on voyager for a couple years as well.  For me it has definitely gotten harder.  I don't know if it was the FC update or the one before it, though.  I used to never get attacked by packs of wolves and now it happens a lot.  I used to only get attacked by one wolf at a time or there was time to get to a location where you could recover before the next wolf attacked.  Now when I get attacked, my wounds attract other wolves and the next one is bearing down on me as I'm standing up from the first attack.  I usually get 2 or 3 wolves at time.  

I'm no longer dying as much from wolf pack attacks since I found out about the fire exploit but that only works if you are on level ground and it's not too windy.  The scent feature of FC does make charging packs more likely for me but it's the fact that I get attacked by  packs at all that bothers me.  I always assumed that was a stalker thing.

I haven't noticed a change in loot because after years of playing the same level...sometimes I get really good loot and sometimes I don't.  The overall average hasn't changed for me.  The wolf behavior is definitely different than when I started.  

I think now is a good time for me to note that since I first started playing I don't venture far from my shelter if the weather is bad. And, I always make my shelter near a location where a food is easy to come by, be it in the form of fish or rabbits.

The reason that I don't go out when the weather is bad is because I always use a magnifying glass to start a fire first thing in the morning, and then always carry a torch or brand with me all day long when I explore, gather, or hunt. I always carry 10 sticks, and if I don't have 10 sticks then I pick up a few as I go about my way.

I very, very rarely encounter wolves on their terms.

Fire is our greatest friend in The Long Dark.

Wolves have gotten more aggressive, and now we have the smell-o-meter in the game so the Voyageur feels like it's more difficult, but I don't think it is. It's just a brief period of getting accustomed to the new changes.

I think it feels more difficult to people because they were so used to sneaking past wolves with ease, but now with the smelliness in play, those strats will almost always end up with a wolf, taking a bite out of you.

Archived