birch bark eye goggles

stray_cur

No brainer.  
See a little farther in blizzards / snowy conditions.  (could lower the current visibility in those conditions when without this item)
Knife + birch bark + cloth. ~30mins.  
Make it break down relatively quick. (pretty easy to re-make / repair).
Would look cool on the character doll too.

As is, all birch bark does is tinder?  broaden the scope!  For pete sakes. or pete's sake.

f42cd9d47550c8a945231220f62ba2c0.jpg

Could allow you to see through your own blinding breath cloud better too. :P 

Actually, also (primarily?) used to cut the brightness of sunny snowy places.  But that facet maybe not so intriguing (or easy) to implement.

Or needed...? Until snow blindness is implemented, I'm not sure of the necessity of snow goggles. As the character has no eyelids (eyes don't need to be narrowed for protection from blowing snow or wind), visibility in a blizzard would be unaffected. Certainly a fashion statement; if you finally do hook up with Astrid or Will, you'll look just that much cooler! :P

Cool, can you mail order those? I would wear them to work. ;)

On a more serious note - snow blindness would be cool feature. If you spend much time outside when the sun is up, your vision gets temporarily impaired. Sunglasses would then be another useful item in the game. Or those Birch bark goggles as the renewable alternative (of course your sunglasses have a tendency to break in a fight).

Actually reminded of an old episode of the cartoon Inspector Gadget where they have to go to the Arctic to fight another of Claw's minions.  Regardless of him being a cyborg, Gadget gets snowblindness and mistakes Chief for being a woman.  Good times.

Still, something to keep in mind for a future feature. Places like Timberwolf Mountain and Forlorn Muskeg would be ideal locations for snowblindness hazards. I don't see every region being a concern, seeing as like how densely forested Mystery Lake is.  Maybe hanging out in the hayfield of Pleasant Valley would present a risk.

Archived