Day 20 interloper and super happy

Rada_

9 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Nice work! And for Interloper Mode, you've already got some good gear. What are your plans for Mystery Lake - stay? Or keep moving? 

I'll stay here in ML. I was thinking about making base in one of the lake cabins.

I really like and know Mystery Lake. I think that's why I didn't play Interloper, because I couldn't start here. This is my second interloper! The first one I died right in the front steps of Misanthrope's Homestead.20170703200210_1.thumb.jpg.b346edf6a1f215d19a427ee05b252e01.jpg

Due to not having a bedroll I had to rush it to the Camp Office. Had to use a stim. I had three!

screen_f904ea15-9f0e-4529-9caa-3cab932969d3.thumb.png.e2588ec05c62eb9fadd66bb2c711e6cb.png

I decided to stay at Camp Office since it has a workbench and I don't have anything but the rabbitskin mittens.

screen_5fc4d257-aece-4a32-bd37-2cbefe2c78e7.thumb.png.66dd5ca4f5d83798e3bb2002d01851c6.png

screen_2df5b33e-f9e0-4b11-85c7-266121e0ccb1.thumb.png.fbe1ab10905090f81f6435f2db81a609.pngscreen_98ff7d54-7e96-4ce0-aef5-92e84f12c01b.thumb.png.f9ffa44127a54d634f1ed98f47a0eb8d.pngscreen_a03249bc-077a-449a-a004-6667e293ac70.thumb.png.1cd77f7f8f88015c231f0bf3f39707df.png

The last couple of days were nothing more than blizzard after blizzard. My plan is to check out Trapper's Cabin and look for some maple. I already have five Birch Sapling curing. Meanwhile I'm going to stack stupid ammounts of wood and meds.

What's the best way to stock up food? We can't, right? I'm talking about a two week supply of food (regardless of cattails) I'm fishing and leaving them outside. I know the %50 increase on condition when cooked, but it's not enough.

28 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

What's the best way to stock up food? We can't, right? I'm talking about a two week supply of food (regardless of cattails) I'm fishing and leaving them outside. I know the %50 increase on condition when cooked, but it's not enough.

After I craft the bow and arrows I usually have lots of meat.   To conquer the spoiling problem I try to get to Cooking 5 asap so I can eat low condition and predator meat without getting sick.  

On Friday, July 07, 2017 at 9:08 PM, Ruruwawa said:

After I craft the bow and arrows I usually have lots of meat.   To conquer the spoiling problem I try to get to Cooking 5 asap so I can eat low condition and predator meat without getting sick.  

If you are at the camp office and don't want the meat spoiling, use the cabinet and two drawers at the closest fishing hut for about 30 or so kilos of cold meat storage. Sure it's a little jaunt over there, might be sketchy in a blizzard...but it lasts longer than storing it inside the camp office.

Occasionally there's a dead dude out front by the treeline, it's kind of gross when you think about it....but if he's there, that's another mini-fridge. 

It's a +50 condition when cooking yes, but the decay rate is much slower when the cooked meat is stored in a cold container like the ones I suggested. I left some fish, rabbit, and wolf in the fishing hut right off the docks in CH by the fishing houses and the stuff was all still over 90 condition after I went to loot the town for several days.

Most of the houses you can sleep in are technically very cold, but meat goes bad faster in containers inside houses. Processed and canned foods last better in containers inside houses though.

I would do a Google search for "long dark decay" and check out the wiki...

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

If you are at the camp office and don't want the meat spoiling, use the cabinet and two drawers at the closest fishing hut for about 30 or so kilos of cold meat storage. Sure it's a little jaunt over there, might be sketchy in a blizzard...but it lasts longer than storing it inside the camp office.

Occasionally there's a dead dude out front by the treeline, it's kind of gross when you think about it....but if he's there, that's another mini-fridge. 

It's a +50 condition when cooking yes, but the decay rate is much slower when the cooked meat is stored in a cold container like the ones I suggested. I left some fish, rabbit, and wolf in the fishing hut right off the docks in CH by the fishing houses and the stuff was all still over 90 condition after I went to loot the town for several days.

Most of the houses you can sleep in are technically very cold, but meat goes bad faster in containers inside houses. Processed and canned foods last better in containers inside houses though.

I would do a Google search for "long dark decay" and check out the wiki...

My point was this:  With Cooking 5 you can make meat last basically forever.  0% raw meat can still be cooked, and as long as it's not stored in a container it won't poof.  Cook it with Cooking skill 5 and you'll never get food poisoning or parasites, even at 1% condition.   

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

My point was this:  With Cooking 5 you can make meat last basically forever.  0% raw meat can still be cooked, and as long as it's not stored in a container it won't poof.  Cook it with Cooking skill 5 and you'll never get food poisoning or parasites, even at 1% condition.   

Ok cool, I was giving him/her options other than that in the meantime. Even though you can eat rotten food and not get sick at cooking 5, wouldn't it be nice to store the meat in a way that causes it to rot more slowly?

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

45 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Ok cool, I was giving him/her options other than that in the mean time. Even though you can eat rotten food and not get sick at cooking 5, wouldn't it be nice to store the meat in a way that causes it to rot more slowly?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Just leave it on the porch outside the door. :)

Just now, Carbon said:

No, it's the same.

Ok, thanks.

I know that interloper gets harder with time, but I'm trapped in Camp Office. I can't leave because of constant bad weather and I stopped playing a bit because of it. I'm only at day 25, is it possible that this is going to stay like this? Or just bad luck?

Well, the weather ramps up badly in Interloper. I play Stalker myself, so I can't say for sure. 25 days on Interloper is an achievement but I think you can keep going!

Cabin fever will start getting serious if you don't get out, so either get to a fishing hut or if you go outside behind the office and up and along the ridge, there is a cave at the top with lots of sticks, wood and no predators...a good place to hang out. Take some food though; no deer or rabbits up there either. Its a fair walk too, so maybe the fishing hut is a better option...but those wolves... :o

You can go up to a hidden area with a cave, rabbits and a good supply of wood very close to the camp office. When you are facing outwards from the camp office door, go straight, then go up the hill and head right, follow the high terrain and you will get to a clearing. If you have a bedroll the indoors area is a godsend due to cabin fever. I have had blizzards last for 2-3 days with only a few hours of no activity on one of the days (usually late night or afternoon), you have to seize those opportunities.

I find the best time to be outside is high noon or just after, you have a good 5 or so hours of reasonable weather where you can probably spend 0.5 - 1 hr outside before you need a fire or indoor area to warm up.

Do not do what I just did and head to forlorn muskeg for the forge, I went there and struggled over rough terrain and got to the homestead to find it was burned out, along with every single other building in the entire area. I reached <10% condition (from 100%), no bedroll, crap clothes and I thought I was done for, luckily I managed to get the fire going in the forge, harvesting wood as it was burning, to eventually just get a hatchet and 4 arrow heads before I took the unusual opportunity of feels like -5 to head back to the camp office. I plan on going to DP to finish my crafting when I am able.

I recommend getting your condition above 90%, then bee-lining it to carter dam, defeat fluffy (if he is there) and heading DP-CH so that you can hang out in jackrabbit island. I found that is a great place to spend time in interloper provided you have a snow shelter which is easily come by because of the abundance of cloth in CH, plus there's lots of game to hunt, and good access to everything you need.

23 minutes ago, Carbon said:

Well, the weather ramps up badly in Interloper. I play Stalker myself, so I can't say for sure. 25 days on Interloper is an achievement but I think you can keep going!

Cabin fever will start getting serious if you don't get out, so either get to a fishing hut or if you go outside behind the office and up and along the ridge, there is a cave at the top with lots of sticks, wood and no predators...a good place to hang out. Take some food though; no deer or rabbits up there either. Its a fair walk too, so maybe the fishing hut is a better option...but those wolves... :o

3 minutes ago, Renegade30 said:

You can go up to a hidden area with a cave, rabbits and a good supply of wood very close to the camp office. When you are facing outwards from the camp office door, go straight, then go up the hill and head right, follow the high terrain and you will get to a clearing. If you have a bedroll the indoors area is a godsend due to cabin fever. I have had blizzards last for 2-3 days with only a few hours of no activity on one of the days (usually late night or afternoon), you have to seize those opportunities.

I find the best time to be outside is high noon or just after, you have a good 5 or so hours of reasonable weather where you can probably spend 0.5 - 1 hr outside before you need a fire or indoor area to warm up.

Do not do what I just did and head to forlorn muskeg for the forge, I went there and struggled over rough terrain and got to the homestead to find it was burned out, along with every single other building in the entire area. I had <20% condition, no bedroll, crap clothes and I thought I was done for, luckily I managed to get the fire going in the forge, harvesting wood as it was burning, to eventually just get a hatchet and 4 arrow heads before I took the unusual opportunity of feels like -5 to head back to the camp office. I plan on going to DP to finish my crafting when I am able.

I recommend getting your condition above 90%, then bee-lining it to carter dam, defeat fluffy (if he is there) and heading DP-CH so that you can hang out in jackrabbit island. I found that is a great place to spend time in interloper provided you have a snow shelter which is easily come by because of the abundance of cloth in CH, plus there's lots of game to hunt, and good access to everything you need.

screen_3a7ba7ac-c4b4-480e-b22f-0d066a7bc17a.thumb.png.296075381fe77fc0a50317877e87b844.png

I started in PV, went to DP to make the tools, went to CH to recover, and now I'm in ML. I have no desire to go to FM.

Im now hunting some rabbits in the area between the pond and Camp Office, and I think I saw some maple too. The thing is that the weather is turning bad AGAIN. I don´t like this. I thought ML would have a better climate than CH.

Does the lookout have a bed now?

4 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

snip

If you are equipped, the bad weather can be dealt with, if you are low on food and the weather is bad just head to the nearest fishing hut, you may lose some condition, but get a hot fire going and just fish for a while. Out of interest what are you saying is bad? Bad weather in interloper is 0 visibility and -40 degrees C, good weather is feels like <-20 degrees C in my books. Be prepared to get your condition up to 100% so you can lose 70% travelling from A-B, particularly past day 30-40.

9 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

I started in PV, went to DP to make the tools, went to CH to recover, and now I'm in ML. I have no desire to go to FM.

Im now hunting some rabbits in the area between the pond and Camp Office, and I think I saw some maple too. The thing is that the weather is turning bad AGAIN. I don´t like this. I thought ML would have a better climate than CH.

Does the lookout have a bed now?

In ML? Yes, it does, but not the destroyed one. That has some loot, but nothing indoor to rest.

14 minutes ago, Carbon said:

In ML? Yes, it does, but not the destroyed one. That has some loot, but nothing indoor to rest.

I don't really know wich is the destroyed one. I'm talking about this one

screen_715a1295-c053-4345-abb6-8c9bbccd308a.thumb.png.e51d6e5ec259b527bfb09483665fc16c.png

Made some progress on the bow

screen_9a74ec06-8403-48bb-a2e9-f81e87bc6cae.thumb.png.53d87faa774969f393d3ebf7d72f003a.pngscreen_bedc4e69-1b4c-4560-8898-24ff84e3de3b.thumb.png.925ea8ad00aa627d6786facdd54b7f7e.png

But I'll have to spend some time in the lookout, I think even making the arrows is going to trigger the cabin fever thing.

17 minutes ago, Renegade30 said:

If you are equipped, the bad weather can be dealt with, if you are low on food and the weather is bad just head to the nearest fishing hut, you may lose some condition, but get a hot fire going and just fish for a while. Out of interest what are you saying is bad? Bad weather in interloper is 0 visibility and -40 degrees C, good weather is feels like <-20 degrees C in my books. Be prepared to get your condition up to 100% so you can lose 70% travelling from A-B, particularly past day 30-40.

I don't care much about temperature, I care about wind. If I can't sustain a lit torch while I walk is bad weather for me. If I have to use a match every two hours I'm not going to last very long.

I'm learning though. Second interloper, first one longer than three or four days.

EDIT: @Renegade30 this

screen_1917ce3c-94f8-440e-89d9-e769ff3ee07b.thumb.png.eb3eca48afc1e79d75673cb054c4ad80.png

23 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

I don't care much about temperature, I care about wind. If I can't sustain a lit torch while I walk is bad weather for me. If I have to use a match every two hours I'm not going to last very long.

I'm learning though. Second interloper, first one longer than three or four days.

EDIT: @Renegade30 this

screen_1917ce3c-94f8-440e-89d9-e769ff3ee07b.thumb.png.eb3eca48afc1e79d75673cb054c4ad80.png

Fair enough. I am currently at day 30 in camp office (interloper) and I have had frequent blizzards also. I nearly just died because I wasn't paying attention to the drop in temperature while I was harvesting (had a fire going but it dropped some ~10 degrees) and ended up losing the rest of the meat on the carcass so I could escape to the indoors as it is not worth lighting another fire to retrieve the rest. However I make sure I am up and able at about noon or ~1 oclock, or I just keep waiting till it comes good, if not then it usually is clear and not too cold (~-18 C) at about midnight and I do my thing the best I can. My other run in interloper while I stayed at CH was pretty much the same weather, maybe slightly worse, but I had enough cloth to get a snow shelter going and maintained. I pretty much spent the warm parts of the day sleeping in it, mending, reading etc and spent the rest of the time (day and night) exploring various indoor locations.

50 minutes ago, Carbon said:

13 minutes ago, Renegade30 said:

Fair enough. I am currently at day 30 in camp office (interloper) and I have had frequent blizzards also. I nearly just died because I wasn't paying attention to the drop in temperature while I was harvesting (had a fire going but it dropped some ~10 degrees) and ended up losing the rest of the meat on the carcass so I could escape to the indoors as it is not worth lighting another fire to retrieve the rest. However I make sure I am up and able at about noon or ~1 oclock, or I just keep waiting till it comes good, if not then it usually is clear and not too cold (~-18 C) at about midnight and I do my thing the best I can. My other run in interloper while I stayed at CH was pretty much the same weather, maybe slightly worse, but I had enough cloth to get a snow shelter going and maintained. I pretty much spent the warm parts of the day sleeping in it, mending, reading etc and spent the rest of the time (day and night) exploring various indoor locations.

Why the hell am I getting cabin fever in the lookout? I thought it was considered outside. Well, this is not looking good. o.O

13 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

Why the hell am I getting cabin fever in the lookout? I thought it was considered outside. Well, this is not looking good. o.O

The lookout is considered indoors for cabin fever (definitely) but outdoors for food deterioration IIRC. Do you have a hatchet? Or a bedroll? Either harvest the chair in the camp office to get enough cloth to make a snow shelter (I suggest going near the cave I am talking about to avoid a wolf attack) or just stay in the cave I was talking about with your bedroll (see below)

Sleep there during ~10am - 6pm if temperature permits (otherwise build a fire next to yourself) and have fun spending time outdoors /s

Otherwise you can hone your fishing skills for a while in a fishing hut that is close.

You have now found the bane of cabin fever in interloper

screen_5370106d-aa0b-4e73-8be9-f24a7bbb0849.png

17 minutes ago, Renegade30 said:

The lookout is considered indoors for cabin fever (definitely) but outdoors for food deterioration IIRC. Do you have a hatchet? Or a bedroll? Either harvest the chair in the camp office to get enough cloth to make a snow shelter (I suggest going near the cave I am talking about to avoid a wolf attack) or just stay in the cave I was talking about with your bedroll (see below)

Sleep there during ~10am - 6pm if temperature permits (otherwise build a fire next to yourself) and have fun spending time outdoors /s

Otherwise you can hone your fishing skills for a while in a fishing hut that is close.

You have now found the bane of cabin fever in interloper

screen_5370106d-aa0b-4e73-8be9-f24a7bbb0849.png

Nope, I don't have a bedroll. I'm definitely going to fish for a while.

How many days do I have until interloper is unplayable? Is that a thing? I'm at day 27. Is there a day 60? 100? 

screen_b3c4680e-b8f0-4aac-8ae0-e4babcef82cf.thumb.png.306509f14fe86db5d8b32d7ef9d3e922.png

Archived