My vision of the endgame

Quarbani 79

I've played enough to know all the mechanics of this game and I've often wondered how long you could survive I think easily 5000 days if you plan right and understand what you need in the end. Ultimately the 2 most important things for a long run are cloth and scrap metal. 

Now I've read that post about 1000 days in the Dam and the fact he kept sleeping in a bedroll meant that he was using cloth unnecessarily. 

The point of this post is I wanted to think past all of that...imagine if you will that you have used every item in the world, no cloth, no metal,no medicine or plants, no tools no nothing! You're naked because you couldn't repair your clothes, You have no weapons to kill wolves or deer for the hides...doesn't matter because you can't even make fishing tackle to repair them anyway. Can't fish, no bandages, so you will die of the first wolf bite. you get my point. Nearly every mechanic in the game requires something that you don't have.

So after thinking of all that this is what I believe the last days will look like

You either live in trappers homestead or jackrabbit island ( is better but no indoor fire?)

you can only collect sticks for fire and you can only light it in the sun with a magnifying glass, but of course you can then take a torch and light a fire indoors. You will have no clothes so be constantly battling hypothermia whilst collecting sticks and your only source of food is killing rabbits with a stone then hoping not to starve to death before they respawn again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is literally all you can do when you have exhausted every possible resource in the game? Just curious. 

3 minutes ago, Quarbani 79 said:

imagine if you will that you have used every item in the world, no cloth, no metal,no medicine or plants, no tools no nothing! 

It's currently possible to survive forever, even on Interloper, with a magnifier.  Beachcombing brings metal, cloth, saplings, and medicine.  Animals and fuel respawn indefinitely.  So food, water and improvised tools & weapons are always a possibility.

I think the only truly non-renewable resource in the world is...

Hats!  Occasionally I get a ball cap from beach combing but I've never found one that wasn't already ruined.

1 hour ago, Quarbani 79 said:

The point of this post is I wanted to think past all of that...imagine if you will that you have used every item in the world, no cloth, no metal,no medicine or plants, no tools no nothing! You're naked because you couldn't repair your clothes, You have no weapons to kill wolves or deer for the hides...doesn't matter because you can't even make fishing tackle to repair them anyway. Can't fish, no bandages, so you will die of the first wolf bite. you get my point. Nearly every mechanic in the game requires something that you don't have.

So after thinking of all that this is what I believe the last days will look like

ok so you die? what is the point? it's game after all. maybe your game gods can tell you?

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

It's currently possible to survive forever, even on Interloper, with a magnifier.  Beachcombing brings metal, cloth, saplings, and medicine.  Animals and fuel respawn indefinitely.  So food, water and improvised tools & weapons are always a possibility.

I think the only truly non-renewable resource in the world is...

Really....cloth and metal? How often? 

I suppose that does change things. 

About the spoiler.....yeah I never destroy those when I find them

6 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

Really....cloth and metal? How often? 

I suppose that does change things. 

I beach combed a couple times a week during 130 day stretch in Desolation Point, on Interloper.  I got one to three cloth, metal, saplings and medicines per week.  Also lots of sticks, tinder, and firewood, plus an occasional fish .  I wouldn't call it a bonanza, but with care it's enough to keep you in clothing, weapons and tools.

14 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

Now I've read that post about 1000 days in the Dam and the fact he kept sleeping in a bedroll meant that he was using cloth unnecessarily. 

Well, that shows you didn't really pay attention to what he was trying to achieve. The idea was specifically to see if it was possible to live in the Dam, longterm. As well as to figure out all the math & numbers behind what it took to survive. If you're going to limit yourself to living in the dam, then you have no option but to sleep in a bedroll.

(And a huge amount of valuable knowledge was gained from his experiment. Knowledge many of us make use of, to this day. Just as we are also doing from his current experiment, seeing how long it's possible to survive on Interloper, without ever leaving TWM.)

You're right I didn't read it properly. I've been playing this game for years and only tried to read it 2 days ago but it was too mathematical for my liking. That's not the point though, I wasn't badmouthing him or his experiment. I only mentioned it in my original post to pre empt somebody telling me that a guy has survived 1000 days, that's all

This new challenge about surviving in TWM sounds more interesting. Is there a link somewhere to see how progress on that is going?

Archived