No Zombies! Can you handle it?

Kraeto77

Got to admit on my first day playing Long Dark, I had this weird instinct that a zombie would jump out at me. 

I actually for a second missed the zombies but it's an awesome game and I got over it.

Anyone else finds this?

Probably just me overdosing on every zombie game I could play for the past 10 years.

Enjoy the Dark.

On 7/4/2017 at 5:17 AM, Kraeto77 said:

Got to admit on my first day playing Long Dark, I had this weird instinct that a zombie would jump out at me. 

I actually for a second missed the zombies but it's an awesome game and I got over it.

Anyone else finds this?

Probably just me overdosing on every zombie game I could play for the past 10 years.

Enjoy the Dark.

Hey @Kraeto77, welcome! And yes, while The Long Dark can stir up some tense moments, there aren't any undead stalking you. Are you a DayZ veteran?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Kraeto77!

To be honest, I've never been convinced that zombies would be that big a deal. They're rotting, right? So first thing their teeth fall out. So all you get in the end is a bunch of gummy zombies, pawing at you and schlurping ineffectually on your arms. Even betoothed ones and the smarter kind with dentures would find it remarkably difficult to properly bite down on your flesh. 

So I firmly believe in the event of a zombie apocalypse, where the undead rise, it'd be relegated to just a string of low-key annoyances, like finding your picnic being ruined not by ants, but an undead Auntie May trying to feebly gnaw on your denim clad legs. "Oh not again, dear. Just move the blanket and pass me the spray."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived