Carter Hydro Damn Front Steps

Miniwizard

Is it just me, or do many others always get semi-stuck on the top step outside the front of the Hydro Dam? (Mystery Lake entrance that is)

I seem to always get temporarily stuck and unable to walk up the last step until I back away and come at the steps at a different angle.

In one run, I ended up unable to escape a wolf chasing me at one point thanks to that.

Happens to me all the time. I've never yet been able to get over it except by going to the far right of the steps where a bit of snow drips down and lets you pass. I figured this was there on purpose to prevent easy escape from wolves. 

I think it might just be some kind of glitch in the navmesh or something then. But, at this point, I'm a bit unsure if it's actually a 'bug' or partly intended. It certainly doesn't feel intended to me, and from the visual/appearance of the steps, there is absolutely nothing that would suggest you can't walk straight up those steps.

Glad to know it's not just me fighting those damn steps. (pun intended)

Yes! This happens to me too. Sometimes when I climb ledges, there are only certain parts of where you can get to the next one so I thought maybe this was the same thing where I could only ascend at certain parts of the stairs. But that doesn't really make sense since these are stairs and they're level. I just try from different angles until it works.

Weird "bug" (idk if this is called a bug). 

7 hours ago, Kazook said:

Weird "bug" (idk if this is called a bug). 

It's definitely called a bug. One that's been around a long time, too.

Also, it's annoying as hell. I wonder if anyone has died, fleeing from a wolf, because of it.

• 1 year later...

I need help with a different stuck. I have gone out the back of the dam a few times with no problem, but this time after the update i cant find my way back out. Only thing i found was the cave to pleasant valley (nothing pleasant about it, I nearly freeze to death with current clothing) tried to go back through dam to get out and find that door is one way. Please tell me pleasant valley is not the only way out?

53 minutes ago, Inthedark said:

I need help with a different stuck. I have gone out the back of the dam a few times with no problem, but this time after the update i cant find my way back out. Only thing i found was the cave to pleasant valley (nothing pleasant about it, I nearly freeze to death with current clothing) tried to go back through dam to get out and find that door is one way. Please tell me pleasant valley is not the only way out?

No you can indeed go back to Mystery Lake... Without completely giving it away, I will explain how.

When standing at the one way door looking out away from the dam, turn to the left and look to the other side of the dam. Over there there is a broken window to climb through to get back inside the dam. Now I will let you figure out how to get over there.

Archived