Nice Community Here

Hey everyone, just wanted to say I really enjoy this game, it's probably one of the best or THE BEST indy non-commercial game I have discovered on Steam. I actually stumbled upon it by seeing a video on YouTube by GrayStillPlays. He has an Interloper run over the course of 15 videos that made me pretty much immediately buy and download the game on Steam (which is part of their summer sale right now).

Also, I have only created one or two posts here so far, and this is probably one of the coolest game communities I have come across. No one has been a jerk to me about my ideas or anything, or told me to shut up...which is pretty swell. I like the up voting system for good ideas as well. I appreciate having been up voted and I up vote any statements I happen to agree with.

A Hinterlands community staff member even already commented on my long rant of ideas in the wish list section and he wasn't a jerk who told me to shut up either....which was nice. I just hope he passes along the requests and ideas we come up with here, and this isn't an like a separate entity that the actual devs for the game don't really check.

I've already read a lot of good ideas and requests in the wish list section. One dude made a post about flint (the rock) that I found and agreed with, as it was one of the items I listed in my request rant. So it seems many of us are on the same page with wanting primitive stone tool crafting. Which makes sense because humans crafted tools from flint, obsidian, and rocks long before we learned how to melt metal...

Anyways hi everyone, I wondered if I should have posted this in the introduce yourself section, but I haven't really introduced myself in this post. It was more of a general post about how cool this game is, how cool you guys are, and how cool the staff seems to be...

Welcome to The Long Dark forums, glad you feel welcome!

We do indeed keep a close watch on player comments. The thoughtful and constructive feedback we see from our community is hugely helpful and allows us to make better informed design decisions. 

Archived