Being able to open/close train carts + harvesting/picking up backpacks

Kazook

So, 2 separate wishes:

1. Being able to open/close train doors

It doesn't really make sense that these can't be used as temporary shelters (of course, I know that not everything in this game reflects real life). It won't be as good as an actual building but it's better than being out in the open. Being able to close the open carts in Derailment (ML) and Poacher's Camp (FG) would protect against animals and most importantly, mitigate the temperature and wind somewhat. 

2. Being able to harvest or pick up bookbags

If you can break down a pillow or bedding with a knife to get materials, why can't we do that with backpacks? Also, I wish that we can put bookbags into our inventory (an empty bookbag isn't heavy either) so that we can use it in a shelter that doesn't have a lot of containers (better than dropping everything onto the floor). This isn't high priority of course but everytime that I found a bookbag in the beginning of the game, I wished that I could bring it back to my shelter or break it down into cloth. 

I believe those to be good suggestions, as I've often wondered the same things about why I can't open train doors that are closed, and harvesting backpacks makes sense, or just using them as containers in your house. I approve of your message good sir/madam!

I would like to have the option to thaw out cadavers using a fire...like we do with dead deer to strip them of clothes.

Most dead guys usually only have shirts, jeans, socks, scarfs, and maybe long underwear. I've seen a few with jackets and hats face down in the snow. Could limit aquiring shoes by having more cadavers mising a shoe or them being drastically the wrong size. It would be awesome to find a pair of mountaineer socks this way. I still haven't found any....

Obviously found clothes like this would all be of condition 1% to 20% due to weather and exposure and need extreme repairs...or they could be harvested for a source of cloth to make repairs. Maybe even have them still be half soaked after thawing them out and require more drying time after taking them to a shelter

I decided this by watching GreyStllPlays yell at dead guys for having a clearly visible red scarf wrapped around them and half on the ground...and he needed one....yet he couldn't just take it off the dead guy....which is fairly ridiculous when you think about it.

Archived