FinMoose playing - No Firestarter in Interloper difficulty

Hi,

I'm playing sandbox with the interloper difficulty and haven't been able to survive more than couple of days. Where is the places to find firestarters? It seems to be the problem at least in the mystery lake and forlong muskeg. I have few videos in youtube if you want to check those, but main question is where is the firestarters in Mystery Lake ? Videos can be seen in channel "FinMoose".

There are a few possible spots for a firestarter in Mystery Lake on Interloper.  I don't end up in Mystery Lake often on Interloper but I can't recall a run where I failed to find a firestarter there.  Usually a magnifer too.  Matches seem more rare in ML.

Your best bets are the two hunters blinds (Unnamed Pond or Alan's Cave), or the two "overlook" caves.  Those are the caves you climb a rope up from the lake to get to.

Ok, thanks. I usually start up from Forlong Muskeg and go on to Mystery lake. Once found magnifying class, but no matches. I just thought if there is a place where matches can usually been found. Like in desolation point it is usually the Hibernia Processing.

4 hours ago, FinMoose said:

Ok, thanks. I usually start up from Forlong Muskeg and go on to Mystery lake. Once found magnifying class, but no matches. I just thought if there is a place where matches can usually been found. Like in desolation point it is usually the Hibernia Processing.

I think guaranteed matches are found in FM because that's the zone you started in (same for DP, PV, TWM).  I found matches in a Mystery Lake fishing hut once -- and never again.  But between a magnifier and a firestriker ML is actually pretty good for fire starting.

Anyway when I get an Interloper start in FM, I loot the FM matches before heading to ML.  

• 3 weeks later...

@FinMoose sorry, I'm new to the forum and just noticed your thread and question. In the Steam forum someone established a guide of known spawns for items on Interloper runs. The current list includes locations of matches and firestrikers. So if you are still interested in that information I will link the link.

Obviously this list is a major spoiler of information for finding tools on Interloper, so click away knowing that.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888366399

Archived