Windows with clear glass.

AlexandraRussia

Hello , here is the game has different Windows with glass , in the car, for example transparent glass , and why it is not , could you please make transparent glass in the houses and in the car , so you can see what is happening on the street , and then the hearing to determine it is sometimes not very convenient. Thank you.

Replacement-windows-Santa-Cruz-768x438.png

I'm not sure if this is something the developers can (want to?) anything about. As you enter a building, there is a loading screen which means the system is unloading the previous information, making it unavailable. If you were to look out the window and see real-time events occurring outside, the system would need to retain that information. I believe - and I may be wrong - but this would raise the system requirements or at least place a much higher burden on the PC, perhaps so much so that it isn't an option. So long as interiors are treated as separate environments from the map, it will be so.

38 minutes ago, Carbon said:

I'm not sure if this is something the developers can (want to?) anything about. As you enter a building, there is a loading screen which means the system is unloading the previous information, making it unavailable. If you were to look out the window and see real-time events occurring outside, the system would need to retain that information. I believe - and I may be wrong - but this would raise the system requirements or at least place a much higher burden on the PC, perhaps so much so that it isn't an option. So long as interiors are treated as separate environments from the map, it will be so.

They already do it on the look out towers and the building in Pleasant Valley, so not sure why it can't be added to more. but yeah maybe it sucks to many resources! who knows apart from the devs.

4 minutes ago, Carbon said:

No loading screens on those structures. It's the way the game is coded, that some interiors are part of the map, as it were.

oh yeh possibly, I can't recall it saving when you enter a tower or the outer area of the building in pleasant valley. Either way they could make more of the main buildings function similar to the one on pleasant valley.

I am not sure why the interiors of many building require a load actually; there isn't anything significant going on inside that would consume memory or consume large amounts of system resources.

I guess it is the way the save system works. In lieu of a user-controlled system, this is the way they chose to implement it.

9 minutes ago, Carbon said:

Easier said than done. I am not sure why the interiors of many building require a load actually; there isn't anything significant going on inside that would consume memory or consume large amounts of system resources.

I guess it might be the way the save system works. In lieu of a user-controlled system, this is the way they chose to implement it.

Well only the devs would know not your or I. As we know when entering a building it saves your game just like sleeping, maybe it loads more assets during that time as well i'm not really sure! either way they have it working on Pleasant Valley so in theory they could get it added to more maps /buildings.

Maybe it just takes a lot of time to develop.

The loading times are too quick for it to be significant in terms of assets and as I said, there is nothing in the interiors that would require a load. My bet is that it's just the way the save system works.

There are enough sound cues to know pretty much what's going on outside; maybe for a predator check, but how necessary that might be is debatable.

44 minutes ago, Carbon said:

The loading times are too quick for it to be significant in terms of assets and as I said, there is nothing in the interiors that would require a load. My bet is that it's just the way the save system works.

There are enough sound cues to know pretty much what's going on outside; maybe for a predator check, but how necessary that might be is debatable.

I guess it's just nice to look out the windows and watch a blizzard roll in or take in the scenery, whilst you sip on a mug of herbal tea with a crackling warm fire burning in the background. Well why wouldn't you?

This would be a nice view overlooking a fishing hut harbor for instance :)

winter-houses-19__880.jpg.729fe5ce8db347869f7e7eabc47c3a0c.jpg

well I am not saying you personally have to stand there and look out the window we all can make up our own minds and game play. The point is others and me might want to. It surely can only add more to the game.

17 minutes ago, Carbon said:

My friend, you asked me and I didn't claim to speak for anyone else.

Enjoy what you do. :)

I didn't say you did claim to speak for anyone else! because I know you have your own opinions.

7 minutes ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

I personally enjoy the frosted windows, because to me it shows how cold it really is. The snow blew up onto the window, froze, and will be that way until spring. 

yeah me to but I still like to look out the windows in the towers or pleasant valley building. Don't get me wrong I not saying add it to all buildings it wouldn't work. All I am saying is maybe add to the couple more major buildings with nice scenery. Soz this isn't even my OP so sorry @AlexandraRussia for highjacking it :)

17 minutes ago, Carbon said:

At least we are still on-topic! :)

ha yeah I have seen a few off topic in other posts :) also another building with a lookout window is Timber wolf mountain, well minus windows :) so its defiantly dooble on more buildings. just a matter of the devs working out best one to do :)

8 minutes ago, nicko said:

ha yeah I have seen a few off topic in other posts :) also another building with a lookout window is Timber wolf mountain, well minus windows :) so its defiantly dooble on more buildings. just a matter of the devs working out best one to do :)

Well, as I said, it seems to be tied to the save system (entering a structure is the only way to save, apart from injury), so if that remains the same, then I don't think it will be changing. I can't think of another automatic save system that would really work.

8 minutes ago, Carbon said:

Well, as I said, it seems to be tied to the save system (entering a structure is the only way to save, apart from injury), so if that remains the same, then I don't think it will be changing. I can't think of another automatic save system that would really work.

yeh I get what your saying, those buildings you enter it does not save until you sleep.

hrm maybe they just need to create some new building extension /addon areas with lookout windows  :) . anyway up to them in the end.

It would be nice to be able to see if a wolf or a bear is outside, or to check the weather....to decide if you even want to go ouside yet. 

I would prefer looking because it almost seems like the weather is a dice roll when you open a door. I've gone outside seen it was snowing, then went back in, then turned around and went out again to have it magically clear up.

I don't know if that was a bug, or working as intended, or just luck, but I swear it happened to me.....

3 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

It would be nice to be able to see if a wolf or a bear is outside, or to check the weather....to decide if you even want to go ouside yet. 

I would prefer looking because it almost seems like the weather is a dice roll when you open a door. I've gone outside seen it was snowing, then went back in, then turned around and went out again to have it magically clear up.

I don't know if that was a bug, or working as intended, or just luck, but I swear it happened to me.....

This has happened to me as well but I think it's kind of an RNG+loading oddity and I don't think that seeing out the window would have changed anything (unless there were no loading).

There are many indicators of weather which are typically quite accurate; occasionally it does sound like a blizzard but it's clear yet quite windy but even this isn't inaccurate; wind is wind; with or without snow it would sound the same.

As for predator checking, I can't think of many times where this might be necessary. The only area I can think of which has wolves at the door is in the Quonset area but isn't not knowing half of the challenge of the area? :P Besides, exiting crouched is enough for a safe check. Some have claimed that wolves are up by the door of Jackrabbit Island cabin, but I have never seen this, even after living there for 60+ days on Stalker. On the lower slopes, yes, but even a windows wouldn't help one see them.

I, like others, appreciate it when it's available like at the various lookouts and the PV farmstead porch so I'm not speaking against the idea in theory, but it may be difficult from a developer perspective.

On 2017-06-26 at 0:07 PM, Carbon said:

the game isn't demanding like an AAA title and you don't need a GTX 1080 to play on max settings.

one thing with the open world, please better stones (the big ones) I hate that they are pointy and that a lot of them have stretched textures but its ofc still a good game

4 minutes ago, Reahs said:

the game isn't demanding like an AAA title and you don't need a GTX 1080 to play on max settings.

Although the game is far more CPU bound than GPU, to speak about things that will affect GPU only, consider resolution and desired frame rate. I play at 2560x1440 and even my 1070 can't hold a steady 60FPS. My point is that "need" has a lot of variables.

You are correct in theory however, and I may have overstated the cost of a persistent game world, but looking at the Steam hardware survey, using less system resources is better for developers to sell more games. (31% using 1GB of VRAM, 45% using dual core CPUs)

I'm not sure that your desire for more rounded stones will reach the developer's ears in a thread about clear glass. ;)

On 6/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, AlexandraRussia said:

Hello , here is the game has different Windows with glass , in the car, for example transparent glass , and why it is not , could you please make transparent glass in the houses and in the car , so you can see what is happening on the street , and then the hearing to determine it is sometimes not very convenient. Thank you.

In case of the cars you can already look outside. However, what I would like to see for those is the ability to look backwards. When you flee into a car to hide from a wolf or bear it would be nice to actually be able to look where it goes rather than to hope that it has left after a while.

Archived