TMFRS feat. The Long Dark

• Day 31

The wolf meat laying at the Lookout is going mouldy so I spend the night cooking. Next day I wonder why I wake up to my 31st survival day but the journal states it’s the 33rd day. In the morning I play with my meat and bitch about not being able to simply see it’s condition without handling it. I know, I’m so profound. Then, I realize sleeping in the Lookout is not alleviating the Cabin Fever. I’m feeling dumb and frustrated so a couple of wolves pay the ultimate price.

Thanks for watching! 

• Day 31/32

After harvesting the wolves I prepare to climb down to the cave below the Lookout only to realize I have no rope to climb down with. After testing if the Mine would work to alleviate cabin fever,  I settle on making a snow shelter at the foot of the Lookout. The following morning is perfect for travelling so I promptly set out and get stuck in the terrain.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 32

After getting unstuck I hike out towards the Rabbit Grove Cabin to get the hide and guts curing there. Since I have a lot of daylight left I end up doing a bit of exploring towards Bear Creek then south to the Fishing Village. I'm kicking myself in the ass for leaving a very important tool behind. Musing about bears foreshadow an ominous future.

Thanks for watching, Mofos!

• Day 33

Waking refreshed from my cozy snow shelter, I get my handy prybar then head back to the Fishing Village. As usual, the contents of the locker are a disappointment. I then head west down the highway while the weather is getting more distasteful. I say to myself, “Maybe I shouldn’t be doing this.” Two minutes later, with only a car for shelter the blizzard hits. In typical The Long Dark irony, there is a prybar in the car.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 34

Concerned with freezing in the car (I’ve had bad experiences in cars playing TLD) I lunge into the storm eastbound on the highway. In the darkness, I hear a growl, feel the hot breath of a bear then, claws and blood. Once the beast is tired of its chew toy I’m able to limp back to the stalled car. I bandage my wounds, sleep a little then plot my revenge. 

• Day 35

Frustrated by the lack of a bear carcass and the new bulletproof bears, I retire to the Rabbit Grove Cabin. There’s nothing like a bit of food and rest to make everything feel alright. Although the wind fights me at every turn I use a campfire light to fix my torn clothing. Next morning I spend the time musing about the Comanches while getting firewood.

The book I was referring to is called “Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History” by S.C. Gwynne

• Day 35

A night spent at the Rabbit Grove Cabin was just what was needed. Not fully healed but much better rested I soak in the calming ambiance of the Rabbit Grove. Deciding not to push my luck I hike back to the relative safely of the Abandoned Lookout. As I get near the Lookout I run into the elusive midget deer. 

Thanks for watching!

• Day 36

Obsessed with finding the wounded bear although the journal doesn’t show it’s dead, I make tracks back to Bear Creek. While trekking I pontificate about the benefits of failure and how it applies to playing TLD. It begins to snow heavily as I search but I push on searching for the bear that is not dead. The search is fruitless, disappointed I head to the Rabbit Grove Cabin and just about freeze along the way.

• Day 38

I continue my exploration of the Bear Creek area including the campground. A rabbit gets very lucky so I spend the night at a cabin with no meat for dinner. Next morning I am greeted by a short lived blizzard. After it passes I continue following Bear Creek north.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 39

Reaching the start of Bear Creek I find the train tracks leading to the Ravine. I map as I move along until discovering the Train Unloading area. More mapping and I find myself back at the Rabbit Grove Cabin. I discover a useful shortcut then spend the night. The following morning mother nature is pretty pissed so I’m stuck.

• Day 40

Once the storm moves on I hike back to the Abandoned Lookout. A wolf guards the road leading to the Lookout so I'm forced to use stealth in order to avoid a confrontation. The rest of the day is filled with cooking and domestic survival tasks. In the morning I prepare to return to Quonset Garage.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 40

Carrying a substantial amount of cured guts I make my way back to Quonset Garage. Once there I find the Townsite guarded by wolves and a bear. Much time is spent deliberating the best time to make a move. In the end, I make the safest decision.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 41

I leave the Coastal House hoping the townsite is wolf free. I’m not so lucky, nevertheless I make it to the garage without major injuries. The rest of the day is spent organizing the garage and working on making a nice coat from the wolf pelts.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 44

I’ve spent a few days at the garage crafting a Wolf Pelt Coat. This of course leads to getting Cabin Fever. With the coat almost finished I don’t want to stray far from the garage. I have no option but to stay in the soul devouring car of death on the road in front of the garage. I am able to avoid bear and wolf to get back inside and finish the coat. Nevertheless, I can’t shake the feeling I’m about to experience a reversal of fortune at the worst possible time.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 45

Still in need of alleviating Cabin Fever I head out the front door rifle in hand. A moment of hesitation leads to a wolf attack and my poor choice of weapon leads to deep wounds. Cabin Fever be damned I get as much rest as I can before heading out into the wolf infested townsite seeking relief from going stir crazy.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 46

Having escaped the townsite, the rest of my trip to the Abandoned Lookout is uneventful. Once there I do a bit of outdoor camping, hunting, harvesting and cooking, if not quite in that order. I decide to head back toward the townsite again to prepare for moving to a new map in the near future.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 50

At Hibernia I frantically search for any meds I can find while also hoping I get lucky and find the hammer. I should have never ventured so far from the Lighthouse in such a terrible condition. I should have been more careful, taken less chances. These are the thoughts that pass through a survivor’s mind as he’s fading into the long dark.

Thank you all for watching! With each episode and each stream it feels like I'm getting better and better at this stuff. Sure, practice makes perfect but your feedback keeps me on point. Thanks to all of you who commented and subbed. Don't feel too back about the ending there. It's The Long Dark, nobody gets out of Great Bear Island alive. I'm gonna take a little time off recording to make some creative changes but I'll still be streaming. Catch ya on the next show!

Archived