TMFRS feat. The Long Dark

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Freaks & Furries, Welcome!

The MuthaFukinRick Show is my new youtube channel which currently only features The Long Dark. I've been uploading an episode daily for the past 13 days. Although I've linked the channel on Reddit only just discovered I could do the same here! Instead of posting a link for each of the episodes published so far (which would be tedious) I'm just going to link the playlist which contains them all then update this thread as often as possible with new episodes. 

The story so far is that I'm playing in the Stalker difficulty starting at the Coastal Highway. The first few days I spend moving from shelter to shelter looking for warmer gear. Eventually I trek it to the Coastal Townsite where the real fun begins. I make my base at the Quonset Garage which is wolf central. From there I venture out in search of the items I need such as a prybar, a rifle and the components needed to construct a bow. 

Sticking to making the garage my base is a bit of a stubborn move on my part but it's the primo location, aside of the wolves, for any survivor. We'll see how long I make it...

Thanks for watching!

• Day 10 to 11 

Making my escape from wolves I head off towards the Silent Clearing and its nearby trailer in search of saplings. Avoiding a bear I find some useful saplings then head back to set them to cure. As I get closer to base it begins to snow heavily with dusk rapidly approaching.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 11 

I try to beat a bear to the coastal houses nearest to the crumbling highway. I let the bear win in favor of searching for the elusive maple sapling. Instead of a sapling, I find something even better. The weather turns foul again so I’m forced to find shelter.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 11 to 12

Stuck in Misanthrope’s house without water while a storm rages outside I’m forced to make a fire sheltered from the wind. UFO’s or the Aurora Effect lights up the windows during the night then, encouraged by favorable weather the next day I continue my sapling search.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 12 

The sapling search and area exploration continues. I throw some fire to dissuade a wolf from turning me into poop then dodge a grumpy bear. The three cabins I was looking for when I first started this game are finally located. Feeling emboldened by a string of good fortune and calm weather I continue exploring until dusk.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 13 

Locating a previously undiscovered shelter I make a fire for food, water and light then get some much needed rest. I finally find something I’ve been searching for a while now. With the help of the map I’m able to find the cabin where I left valuable fur and guts. I spending a bit of time trying to make a decision as to where to lay my head.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 14

After much needed rest at my cozy cabin I set out to make it back to base. Carrying fur and guts seems to interest predators more than I expected. A wolf catches my scent from an incredible distance then quickly approaches with malicious intent. 

Thanks for watching!

• Day 15

I prepare myself for a day of exploration then dash out of my garage base in search of maple saplings. After doing some rope climbing I discover a pleasant surprise. I then follow the mountain road hoping to find the Abandoned Lookout.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 16

After spending a stormy night at the Lookout I explore an abandoned mine. I expected it would lead me to a different location and it does, just not the one I thought. Also, fractured musing on how to balance the starving strategy to playing the game.

Thanks for watching!

Note: This video doesn't have the usual intro and end screen. I don't know why that is but it might be why it's in full 2560x1080 resolution instead of 1980x1080 as that is the resolution of the intro and end curtains videos.

• Day 17

I continue my exploration of the abandoned mine where I am once again wrong about where the mine leads. Returning to my temporary base at the Lookout near dusk I eat, rest then make preparations for further area exploration.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 17 to 18

Heading in the direction of the Rabbit Grove Cabin I try to carefully return to the Bear Creek Campgrounds only to be deterred by a wolf. I trek it back to my temp base to bunk down for the night and spend time pontificating about Sasquatch, mods and the Earth’s rotation.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 18

Realizing supplies are running low I head over to the Rabbit Grove Cabin to stone a couple of rabbits. I spend time musing about personal issues and other troubles. Making my way back to the Lookout base with my smelly rabbit meat, the hunter becomes the hunted.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 19

My intention was to do some light exploring then head back to the Rabbit Cove Cabin to check on the curing deer hide. Nothing ever goes as planned. The way is blocked and guarded my a new neighbor. I really wish I had a bow and again regret not bringing the rifle.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 19 to 20

I locate a few rocks then attempt to convince deer to hurl itself into the jaws of a wolf. Another blizzard rolls in driving me to take shelter in the Lookout. The following morning I head next door to greet Mr. Wolf and end up meetings Mrs. Wolf.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 20

Fed up with the howling neighbors near the Abandoned Lookout I make a late day run to get my rifle at the Quonset Garage. The trek there is mostly uneventful but the return trip, while the sun is going down and dense fog rolling in, becomes a much more tense experience.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 21

Traversing the fog, I hike back to the Abandoned Lookout. The heavy fog persists the following day limiting my ability to move about freely. I spend my time telling dumb stories and looking for my furry neighbors who now appear to be missing. Just my luck after getting the rifle to give them a proper greeting.

Thanks for watching, Mofos!

• Day 22

Frustrated by the missing wolf neighbors I greet my neighbor deer with the sound of thunder. After quartering the beast, I spend most of the night harvesting meat and making up for my earlier boiling water mistake while a blizzard rages. The following day is perfect for travel so I head out to explore while debating where to go next.

• Day 23 

Traveling down well trodden paths I revisit the Rabbit Grove Cabin to get the hide and guts I’ve been keeping there. I replace what has cured and camp at the cabin for the night. The weather turns foul so I make a snack, get cozy and do some reading.

• Day 23/24

Having slept the morning away at the cabin, I pack up the hides and guts then head back to the Abandoned Lookout. I wish I could say something exciting happened. For the most part this video is comprised of me talking out of my ass for thirty minutes. The quality content you’ve come to expect from TMFRS. Enjoy!

• Day 24

I decide to shake things up by heading to Pleasant Valley. After spending a few minutes I greeted by the Valley’s welcome wagon. Things got a bit out of hand. Gunpowder and hatchets were used. I limp back to the safety of Cinder Hills Coal Mine to lick my wounds.

• Day 25

The hike back to the Abandoned Lookout is quite tense with the expectation of a wolf ambush. Once I get my hunting loot back to the temp base I set about organizing then, get some much needed rest. The following day I am rested and ready to march to the garage base to replace my dwindling supply of painkillers. At the townside I run into Grumpy Bear so I greet him with some hot lead. He’s none too happy about it and refuses to die no matter how much I wish it. 

• Day 26

Busing myself with domestic tasks while at the garage base I patiently put off my search for the bear carcass to the following day. I work on making a bow and repairing my clothes. This is all flavored with aimless commentary from a very tired yours truly. The following day I set out to find what I expect to be a very dead bear.

Thanks for watching!

• Day 28

At long last I accomplish an exploration goal near the Lookout with help of some climbing rope. With this miniscule glow of success I head back to the garage base to work on constructing the bow. My luck with avoiding wolves in the Townsite continues to hold out but, for how long?

Thank you for watching and not judging a book by its cover!

• Day 30

Spending too much time indoors crafting leads to going stir crazy. I head to the outdoors hoping to alleviate my condition at the Abandoned Lookout. Once there I set to getting myself organized without realizing the Lookout doesn’t count as being outdoors. 

Being wrong is kind of my part-time job.

Archived