Blood loss and scent meters

JAFO

Watching a playthrough video of @Hadrian's today, I thought I saw his scent-meter go up a notch when he had been attacked by a wolf.

Well, I just had it confirmed in my first-ever Stalker game.. (in the moments before I died.. 2 days and 9 hours in! :()

If you're losing blood after being attacked, your scent meter will go up one bar, until you bandage the wound. Just something to be aware of, if there's more wolves around.

3 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

And I can add, don't stand in a fishing hut with anything smelly in your backpack. Wolves will be drawn to the hut like a magnet and can attack you the second you step out. Drop everything on the floor.

To which I can add;

If you need to travel with freshly harvested hides and guts, try to get them cured by even just 1% before you head off.. once curing has begun, even partially cured guts & hide are much less smelly.. 

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

To which I can add;

If you need to travel with freshly harvested hides and guts, try to get them cured by even just 1% before you head off.. once curing has begun, even partially cured guts & hide are much less smelly.. 

Another exploit ?

10 hours ago, JAFO said:

I've tested it as much as I can and as far as I can tell, hides do not attract wolves. I've had about 5 fresh hides on me but never had a wolf follow me while carrying it. Got pretty close to them too.

I'm not entirely sure about this. It could take a lot of hides to get wolves to follow you but when I play, the rule of thumb that I follow is: "If you can drop it as a decoy, it will attract wolves."

Don't know anything about the 1 percent curing though. Never had the idea to try. I only transport guts from shelter when fully cured. I harvest my guts and meat as close to shelter as possible if I can help it. If not then I clear the way before harvesting.

Archived