New Path changes wird ?

thorin

Hej ,

Only I have a big problem with new path
1.Particle comes from player mouth ? They are TOO strong now , I almost cant see anything else outsite (specially when is night) - only white particle in middle of screen.
2. No more shortcut from fast menu <space> directly to cloth
3. No more "feel like temp. " in quick look
4. Now I must hold mouse button to reserch for ex. backpack - Im not happy with it becouse before I can do something else in this time for ex. drink some coffe (in real) now I must always hold f. mouse

Really tested this path or just put it online ? For me point 1 from list abowe totally killing this game and if it not change I will not come back to it , sad

Particles.png

I feel your pain about the "breath" animation.  I felt it was really a bit too strong as well.  I haven't found a good way around it yet, but I feel that their intention was to lean towards realism as your breath condensing in real life would temporarily obscure a portion of your field of view.  *shrug*  I'm not a huge fan and I think it could be dialed back a step or two without losing the feel.

4 minutes ago, VociferousRex said:

I feel your pain about the "breath" animation.  I felt it was really a bit too strong as well.  I haven't found a good way around it yet, but I feel that their intention was to lean towards realism as your breath condensing in real life would temporarily obscure a portion of your field of view.  *shrug*  I'm not a huge fan and I think it could be dialed back a step or two without losing the feel.

Yes I think everyone agrees about this.

2 hours ago, thorin said:

Hej ,

Only I have a big problem with new path
1.Particle comes from player mouth ? They are TOO strong now , I almost cant see anything else outsite (specially when is night) - only white particle in middle of screen.
2. No more shortcut from fast menu <space> directly to cloth
3. No more "feel like temp. " in quick look
4. Now I must hold mouse button to reserch for ex. backpack - Im not happy with it becouse before I can do something else in this time for ex. drink some coffe (in real) now I must always hold f. mouse

Really tested this path or just put it online ? For me point 1 from list abowe totally killing this game and if it not change I will not come back to it , sad

Particles.png

Welcome to the forums, @thorin. We appreciate you letting us know how you feel about some recent changes to the game. We also hope you can stick with the game, and continue to visit us here!

On 6/23/2017 at 5:37 AM, VociferousRex said:

I feel that their intention was to lean towards realism as your breath condensing in real life would temporarily obscure a portion of your field of view.

I have never in real life had my breath obscure my vision to the extent that it now does in TLD. And especially at night, when it should be almost invisible anyway, unless there's a light source nearby.

The old way it worked was just perfect.. so naturally, somebody just had to mess with it. >:(

Then you never drank hot cocoa then went outside to play "dragons" as a kid.  ;P  Anyway, I didn't say it'd heavily obscure your vision.  I was just saying that I could see what they were -going- for...  And I did say that it needed to be dialed back.  I never got to play with the "old way it worked", so I have no basis for comparison.

The way it works now is mainly an annoyance indoors and/or while it is dark when it heavily and negatively impacts your vision in a way that it shouldn't.  Although, I have found that, if I put the brightness/contrast of my screen just the right way, I can actually see "through" the breath and see the dark shadows/outlines of objects.  Kinda like my vision periodically switches between color and greyscale.  But it's really only useful indoors, when it's dark, and there are objects to be seen.  Still easy to get lost in wide open rooms, turning hallways, etc. :(

On 22.6.2017 at 9:37 PM, VociferousRex said:

As im new to the game i only know it as it is now, and i never felt like it would be to bad. Sure it does affect your vision but i never felt like it would distract me.
I would think to make it more realistic, so for example if you run a long time or carry heavy loads it should affect you more as if youre inside crafting/looting/doing stuff or just walking.

Archived