Text overlay not visible on picked up objects.

Marqs

Text on picked up object's (weight, name, degradation etc) not visible. After few seconds only backpack wight info emerges in bottom left corner.

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 17.04, With Nvidia GTS 250 (newest driver for that old card is 340.102).

The same problem after installing older and open source Nouveau drivers. Changes in graphic settings (to lowest and other tweaks) aren't effecting the bug.

Everything was working flawless with max graphic and good FPS until Update 423 (FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER)

screen_(6, 2, 1)_2b3dece2-a80b-4b2f-87ca-a46c7af533f6.png

I have the same problem with this update (FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER)

Linux Mint 18.1

CPU: AMD Phoenom II X4 965

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (driver: nvidia-375)

Linux kernel: 4.4.0-77-generic

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here on 2 systems! 1. Linux Slackware i7 6700k+GTX960 4gb  and 2. SteamOS i5 3570k+GTX 1050ti OC

EDIT: newest driver for everything (NVDIA 381+newest brewmaster kernel modules+same on Slackware)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. The text you're talking about shows up for me, but some other text is missing. I have reported the bug at https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-2879.

I am reluctant to try the suggestion that Marqs posted. My steam installation is very sensitive for some reason, and any modification to its environment requires me to reinstall steam via "steam -textclient".

Same issue with Elementary OS (Ubuntu 16.04). This looks to extend to cutscene overlays as well. The selector to ask questions shows fine, but the text for conversations is not showing up.

Video card: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Madison [Mobility Radeon HD 5730 / 6570M]
Latest Nouveau driver.
Kernel: 4.4.0-89-generic

Archived