Can't Light Fire, Lay Bedroll, Run or Crouch

Karzee

This is the second time this bug has happened since the FC update. Here's a video of it happening. It shows me in PV (Stalker) drawing a map, getting cold and seeking shelter in nearest cave to warm up. I go to light a fire - the light fire symbol is available in the radial menu - I miss-click, open up the radial menu again and the 'light fire symbol' is faded out. I try a few times to light a fire then check my inventory to see if I have wood/tinder/ matches. I have all three. I then try to warm up by using my bed roll but even though the 'bedroll' symbol is available I can't get it to appear on the ground. I leave the cave, then check that I actually have the bedroll in my inventory (I do), try again to see if it will place down but it doesn't. I tried crouching (you'll hear several 'thunk' sounds of me attempting this) but that doesn't work. Video ends but I then decided to run back to the nearest house to seek warmth but the 'run' didn't work. I then got attacked by a wolf, almost died from that, but managed to walk to nearby house in time to warm up & heal. I quit out of the game, reload my save and everything works ok again. This bug could easily have ended my game.

I had another similar bug a few days ago. Again in PV, I lit a fire and put a bedroll down in the barn at Three Strikes Farmstead, went find a log to chop , I found one, crouched when I saw a wolf, chopped the log then found I couldn't stand up. I crouch-walked my way back to the bedroll, slept for 1 hour, and awoke to find I could stand again.

This issue has just happened again. Stalker, PV, in the barn to the west of the farmhouse. Went to have an hour nap to warm up but suddenly couldn't lay my bedroll down, nor add more wood to fire, or stand up. I can't survive the incoming blizzard there nor can I crouch walk slowly back to the farmhouse in time so I've had to quit out of the game. 

• 4 weeks later...

Made an account to say I've encountered this bug today on PC, in Forlorn Muskeg, Voyager, after lighting a barrel fire. Tried to place a bedroll, no red/green preview shape but the game still behaved as if I was trying to place one (without letting me place it), and I couldn't get out of it. Tried quickmenu, inventory/condition/journal menus, ESC menu, nothing got rid of it and I ended up quitting the game (and going back ~6 game-hours prior to my earlier campfire save)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having the exact same issues reported by Karzee and Prepper regarding glitches in trying to place bedrolls and fires.  Like them, i try using my bed roll or fire but even though the radial dial 'bedroll' and "fire" symbols are available, I can't put them on the ground.  I just hear a soft "thunk" when i mouse-click on the symbol.  I tried using "place" option for the bedroll within inventory yet that didn't work either.   On average, this happens a least once every couple of hours of game-play, regardless of location or what i am doing .  I am playing on a PC and have frequently tried Steam's "verify the integrity of game files" but this does not fix the issue.  Loading new zones or entering buildings fixes it (but they are not always nearby).  I have almost died a couple of times as a result of not having the bed or fire available....so obviously this can be a game-breaking bug.   That this is still happening on the day of release is concerning - please patch.  thanks

20 hours ago, JakPhrost said:

I am playing on a PC and have frequently tried Steam's "verify the integrity of game files" but this does not fix the issue.

Have you tried uninstalling the game, then reinstalling?

Archived