Chain Saw

Ahatch

What logging camp isn't complete without a trusty chainsaw. Of course you need some gasoline and some 3 in 1 oil but it could be very heavy but handy cutting up fire wood in a jiffy. Poor chainsaw sharpening and kickback could result in serious injury. 

7 hours ago, Ahatch said:

What logging camp isn't complete without a trusty chainsaw. Of course you need some gasoline and some 3 in 1 oil but it could be very heavy but handy cutting up fire wood in a jiffy. Poor chainsaw sharpening and kickback could result in serious injury. 

Whilst I'm not really in favour of adding a chainsaw to the game, I must admit the idea of having one when facing Fluffy is rather appealing.

The only problem is that it would most likely be used for cutting down trees, which would make getting firewood far too easy. And please oh please don't tell me you want to build a cabin. That takes 75% or more out of the entire game. Traveling around is what makes the game dangerous and difficult, which is why we play it. Plus, building a home in a survival situation is quite impractical, as, especially under these circumstances, you don't know how long the event will last. For me, there's no sense in building a house, which renders chopping down trees invaluable, so chainsaws seem a bit impractical. I feel like they belong more in zombie games and less in The Long Dark.

Archived