Poll: Get rid of Cabin Fever

ChillPlayer

Get rid of Cabin Fever  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i believe the cabin fever/mental health system needs a full overhaul.  my understanding is the current system is a relic from a time when leaderboards existed and it prevented people from passing days and days on end, only eating/drinking and sleeping, in order to climb the leaderboard.  in the current state of the game there is little to gain by 'turtling' inside and hibernating, aside from survival milestones of 500 days etc.  i also cant imagine there being much enjoyment in that playstyle.  i think that a mental health system that includes cabin fever should be implemented but with some major tweaks.  crafting, cooking, reading, harvesting, mending, etc should all count positive towards combating cabin fever as the player is using their mind and making productive choices.  also, travelling should reset the cabin fever meter entirely.  the idea behind cabin fever is being isolated in one location for weeks on end, quite the contrary to walking miles between locations then simply sleeping indoors to avoid freezing to death.  the current system really feels like a nuissance to me rather than a beneficial game mechanic.  the game should pull us to go outside, not push us out with the current system (as stated by osman, 10 year tld survivor).