A death that shouldn't happen

chuckie

Hello fellows.

He's my recent experience. Maybe developers could detect a bug, maybe it could be helpful for some of you.

I killed a wolf on the road near the bear's lair in Desolation Point. Started a fire to harvest it and noticed a bear slowly approaching. I was curious if they are afraid of fire, so I just crouched behind the fire and wait. And I had a lit torch in my hand too, just to make it safer. It has come really close, bout 5 meters, almost passed me, but then turn around and attacked. Right through the fire. I survived the attack but the bear stuck in place and before I get up it was standing over me and attacked again. And the same for the third time and I died. Could't even start moving between attacks, just watched 3 animations in a row.

Stuck animals become a real problem. It's lucky when a running wolf stucks and can be easily killed. But a guess it's wrong.

And I noticed a glitch with the wolf and a torch. When it comes the closest distance and stops growling, if to make a small step ahead it starts shaking and making weird sounds, like in Matrix, as if it can't decide what to do. If to step backwards, it continues the pursuit as usual.

And, bears don't give a shit about fires. Just avoid them.

It was day 25 of inteloper. I managed to forge all nice metal things by the 5th day of the game, everything was so harsh yet exciting. I'm so disappointed.

True, but unpredictable glitches cannot be learnt. A bear that cannot walk away is not the things meant to be. I can approve a mechanics like 'a player died in a forest cause a tree fell on his head'. That's meant to be, with low chance.

And stuck animals teaches only 'dont play the game cause you can die all of nothing'.

Well, you can say 'you came to a bear intentionally, what did you expect'? ))

I'm a human, I expect rules and probabilities. 'A player can stuck under the predaror' was not in the list until now.

Archived