Forlorn Muskeg

Ahatch

15 mins.

After a pretty good run round Mystery Lake, I dumped some of my heavy firewood at the Lake Cabin. I thought after my previous run of 10mins through Forlorn Muskeg (I was on Voyager) before I got attacked by two wolves, I decided to try my luck a second time. (I was playing on Custom w/ Pilgrim-like settings.

I started by following the railroad. Then a few seconds after I got past the train wreck I saw a wolf about half a km off. Now that wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing in my face and the wolf wasn't walking two metres away from the railroad symmetrically. So, I decided to take a wide berth. Now, at this point I see those dreaded two words at the top of my screen: "Thin Ice". So here I was, about two metres away from the snow when I decide to run to the edge. About a metre from the edge I fall in. I immediately get Hypothermia and a Frostbite risk. I knew I had to find someplace warm and since it was sunrise I wanted to build a Snow Shelter, but some far corner of my mind thought back to that wolf, so I started a nice warm fire, lay down my bedroll, and went to sleep.

YOU SLIPPED INTO THE LONG DARK

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived