Melt Snow / Cook Food

Klausware

It's kind of a dummy question but I can't find a guide that recent after the latest update. I played a while back and just came back to play again after this last update Faithful Cartographer. When I have a stove/fire going there's the three menus for Fuel, Food, and Water. When I have raw food in my inventory and no water, the food and water menus are greyed out and I can't select them. In effect I can't cook anything or melt snow for water. Was there a change in how this works in this last update? I didn't see it mentioned in the updates change list. 

Thanks for the help! I actually figured it out. I'm using the Steam Controller and when in the fire menu it says LT and RT to cycle through those menus. But the LT and RT don't cycle through. The LT and RT buttons work in other menus. When I grab my mouse and click I can boil water and cook things. It drove me crazy and then just worked with the mouse... I'll report that the controller isn't working in this case and it can be looked at.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 1:27 AM, Klausware said:

Thanks for the help! I actually figured it out. I'm using the Steam Controller and when in the fire menu it says LT and RT to cycle through those menus. But the LT and RT don't cycle through. The LT and RT buttons work in other menus. When I grab my mouse and click I can boil water and cook things. It drove me crazy and then just worked with the mouse... I'll report that the controller isn't working in this case and it can be looked at.

Thanks again!

Does the Steam controller have left and right bumpers above the triggers?

I am using a PS4 controller via Steam big picture mode and the left and right bumpers above the triggers cycle through the fire, food, and water.

They cycle through things in the journal, and change inventory tabs for me too...

So if the Steam controller has no bumpers above the triggers, try whatever buttons change your inventory tabs...

Archived