No bedroll in ML, no Cabin Fever(?) and Fluffy is back

ChillPlayer

I always thought ML to be a safe bet to find a Bedroll which is why this is mostly my first destination on a new Interloper run. But no luck on my current run, I've been to every single place I can think of but there's no Bedroll. Is this possible or do I need to look harder? I haven't been to winding river or the backside of the Damm though, because for the first time ever on Interloper I was greeted by Fluffy when I went downstairs, I almost wet my pants lol.

Not having a Bedroll seems to be no issue though at the moment. I'm on day 15 and have only spent 91 hours outside, 289 inside. But no Cabin Fever warning yet. I thought on Interloper it's counting right from the start without a graze period, did they change that or - one can always hope - even got rid of CF completely? Wow that would be nice ;)

Lighting a flare safed me, it even gave me enough time to check both stairs. It would come to me, stand still and then run away scared, only to come back 30 seconds later or so. But it was enough to get the hell out of there. Kinda unfair to have Fluffy in the Dam when there's no Rifle, this makes it only useful once you have a bow but then you most likely won't need the Dam anymore.

Not to mention if a poor soul decides to take the long hike from PV through Winding River in hope one can find a Bedroll in ML. Getting greeted by Fluffy then will ruin the day pretty sure.

11 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Hmm okay, thanks. So I'll have to dance again with Fluffy when I can find another Flare or craft a Torch.

Maybe you can make a good fire outside of the dam and then get a torch out of the fire and torch your way quickly through the dam to the door to the lower dam. Once through that door you're good, right? If you do it fast enough before the torch runs out. Then you have to worry about the wolf down on the river. There also could possibly be a bedroll at the Mystic River cave in PV.

23 hours ago, SnowWalker said:

Maybe you can make a good fire outside of the dam and then get a torch out of the fire and torch your way quickly through the dam to the door to the lower dam.

That's exactly what I've done and I found the Bedroll in the Cave in Winding River, thanks for the hint I was going crazy because I was sure there must be one in ML. Fluffy though was kinda bugged, it was between the tanks, saw me and just went chaising it's own tail without a sound or comming at me, it just ignored me lol.

One question remains though: is Cabin Fever still a thing or did they tone it down?

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

That's exactly what I've done and I found the Bedroll in the Cave in Winding River, thanks for the hint I was going crazy because I was sure there must be one in ML. Fluffy though was kinda bugged, it was between the tanks, saw me and just went chaising it's own tail without a sound or comming at me, it just ignored me lol.

One question remains though: is Cabin Fever still a thing or did they tone it down?

We haven't made any changes to the Cabin Fever Affliction, no. 

7 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

We haven't made any changes to the Cabin Fever Affliction, no. 

thanks for clarifying, in that case my mind must be playing tricks on me because I was sure that on previous runs I had a better outside/inside ratio and was hit by CF time and again. Now I'm on Day 17 and have spend 110h outside/350h inside but not once came the CF warning.

Archived