Windproof Bonus not impacted properly

L²

Just a heads up that I created a ticket on the defect system relating to the Windproof bonus not being properly adjusted when changing certain clothing items.  Here is a link to the issue:

https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-2306

It may not be a big issue, but thought it was worth mentioning since people might be selecting clothing items without double checking the stat changes.

Cheers!

Wind-Bonus-Issue-Image-01.png

Wind-Bonus-Issue-Image-02.png

Wind-Bonus-Issue-Image-03.png

in a lot of tests I did surrounding temps and wind etc. I found the tend to truncate/round differently than expected. Seems like you have a .9 difference so I would expect a difference of at least 1F but I have seen situations where I expected a difference and there was not one visible. 

without knowing the totals for all items before and after it is hard to do the math and come up with a definitive answer. I only play in C and not F so you do not necessarily get as fine tuned a number since 0.5555555556 C = 1 F  I believe. So, they could be doing the temps all in 1 and then running the final thru a converter? not sure. good catch either way.

LOL...you metric fanatics drive me nuts...13mm nuts to be exact...because they are the same as a 1/2 inch nut :D

That said, good point there @AZHockeyNut (metric I assume).  I will switch to 'C' and see if the issue persists.  If so, then cool, if not then I will invalidate my bug post.

My .02£

well....I watch a lot of Hockey.....err go I can sing both Anthems, not that good at Oh Canada in French but with a little practice.....but no we do things in F here where I live. Quite frankly I did not realize I could change it in the game until I played for a while so now I am used to it.

The windproof bonus is only applicable for the outermost items of clothing.  In this case, the outermost item on your chest is the jacket.  Items below that do not affect windchill losses but also don't get wet from weather until the jacket gets soaked through.  Hope that helps ?

To to say it another way: the windproof bonus of +9 is the sum of your five outermost garments (the wool toque, jacket, mittens, work pants, and boots).  Everything else is worn for warmth alone.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:58 PM, selfless said:

The windproof bonus is only applicable for the outermost items of clothing.  In this case, the outermost item on your chest is the jacket.  Items below that do not affect windchill losses but also don't get wet from weather until the jacket gets soaked through.  Hope that helps....

I appreciate the feedback, however I find the logic to be flawed (not meaning you, but the games).

Here is what I mean, let's say for example that I have no outer garments and have only inner items on. If these items have +2 warmth bonus and +2 windproof warmth bonus (I'm just making numbers up for an example), just because I put on a coat, these bonuses do not disappear.  Realism dictates that it should be cumulative.

Just my opinion.

14 hours ago, L² said:

If these items have +2 warmth bonus and +2 windproof warmth bonus (I'm just making numbers up for an example), just because I put on a coat, these bonuses do not disappear.  Realism dictates that it should be cumulative.

Warmth bonus IS cumulative.. just not the windproof bonus.

I agree that it's completely daft that the windproof bonus isn't.

1 hour ago, AZHockeyNut said:

so is windproof calculated and used if you have no outer garments? curious

Yes.  The system is very sophisticated.  It figures out which (if any) item is the outermost in each body area and applies the bonus accordingly.  Just wearing thermal underwear over your nether region?  It knows and applies the correct bonus ( zero :P ). 

Archived