Frostbite Riken

Ice Hole

Frostbite does not heal if you warm up by just resting in the bed at the Riken even if the feels like temperature is above zero.  No fire or clothing protection and sleeping in the bed results in an increase in frostbite risk.  Other rest areas do not behave this way.  Is this working as intended?

4 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Yes, keeping your clothes in storage (inside a locker or drawer) slightly reduces the decay rate. 

You have to ensure that your body stays above 0°C. This could be difficult sometimes. Apart from this it's the same procedure like in real life :)

10 minutes ago, Maikleeps said:

You have to ensure that your body stays above 0°C. This could be difficult sometimes. Apart from this it's the same procedure like in real life :)

I always check the air temp versus the bed temperature before sleeping to ensure that it'll be a restful sleep (warm enough) ;)

5 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

yes, seriously.

And that's why I sleep in the forestry outlook now!

5 hours ago, KD7BCH said:

I knew you were badass but at least this confirms you are a mere mortal like the rest of us. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence B|  But yes, I am definitely a True Mortal :P

I should note I only play Voyageur in hopes that it is the most 'realistic' difficulty, not too easy just for the sake of being easy, and not too hard just for added challenge (Stalker & Interloper seem to be more for challenging fun than realism).

The Outlook is not a bad place to live -- it's pretty close to the center of the map, rabbit grove is close, and there are locations to gather wood not too far as well. If I want to craft something it's only about an hour walk to Creepy Camp Office's workbench. 
It has a decently warm bunk bed and a stove, though on sunny days I like to sit outside to cook and boil my water in the crisp morning air after waking, watching the view :)

I'd say the only real drawback is the extremely limited storage space.

And on the frostbite topic, I sleep naked or nearly so in the Outlook every night and have not received a single frostbite warning.

Archived