Ability to drink own piss

franco_g

the only way i would consider that would to urinate in a bucket of sorts the wrap a piece of plastic around it and let the condensation drip into a cup....but i think it would freeze before that would happen. and Bear Grylls is a joke, he stays in hotels and eats prepared meals off camera....a real survivalist is Les Stroud aka SurvivorMan....not only that he has a camera crew with him while Les does everything himself. Heres a lil note on drinking your own urine "if a person were to drink his own urine as a substitute for fresh drinking water, the proportion of water content would rapidly decrease as the proportion of harmful waste products increased." i suppose in short term usuage it could help but long term would not.

Not real sure of the mechanics of this. Yes, it is possible to do in extremis, but I think you can only do it for a short period. Urine contains all kinds of unpleasant things that would ultimately lead to system poisoning if continually reingested.

Also, as gwishades pointed out, Bear Grylls is probably not the best person to use as a benchmark for survival ideas.

Archived