Just started replaying this game

Plague

Hello random player! I write some tips here. I hope these tips will help you. 

1) You are sprinting too much. If you run always like that you always be tired and you are gonna be the victim of the mother nature.

2) If there isn't any neccesarry situation, do NOT use any accelerator. If you are so cold and you are OUTSIDE, just use that on situations like this.

3) There is no need to have a hatchet to break chairs, creates.

4) You can move tumbler by your arrow keys on your keyboard.

5) If you are outside and harvesting an animal, please make a fire near you because its probably takes 1 hours to harvest that animal and that can make you die by cold.

6) You can draw map with the (only collected by the fire) coals.

7) You can collect stones and throw them to the rabbits to kill them but don't forget to aim because its hard to kill them without aiming.

8) There are plants that called "Cat Tail" which can be found near lake sides can be eatable and usable as tinder.

I hope i helped you and im sorry if i made any grammar mistakes. Have fun!

Welcome to the forums, @Plague & @ZedSwartz!

I second what ZedSwartz said about running.. unlike the older versions of the game, you can't just run all the time any more.. save your stamina for when you need it.

Also, you can harvest sticks for tinder.

You could probably have decoyed the wolf with just one guts.. no need to give him your deer steak as well.

I'm guessing you're playing on PC.. if so, familiarise yourself with the hotkeys.. you can drop a decoy just by pressing the '3' key, amongst other things.. they're big time-savers.

There is also a quick-access radial menu for most functions.. it's accessed by pressing and holding the space bar down.

(and for heavens sake, make yourself some water, before dehydration kills you!)

Edit: Almost forgot.. You can now layer clothes.. put on those extra garments you found.. or you'll freeze to death. The weather is considerably harsher than in early builds, with late night and early morning being the coldest parts of the day. Frostbite is also a thing now.. if you don't have head and hand protection, you can risk permanent damage (condition loss). Clothes can also get wet, and then freeze. Again leading to frostbite.

• 2 weeks later...

Check the condition of the food you pick up. The soup was at 22% and getting sick can an game-changer, antibiotics or not.

Going out in the early morning is not a good idea; it's the coldest time of the day. It's a better time to repair clothes, read, make water, etc...

Seconded on the water! :)

Archived