running provides warmth? :)

Crimson Foxx

Hewo! :)

I have an idea and i wanted to see what everyone thought about it.

When i begin to get the hypothermia risk alert its often when i am at the beginning of a game or spent a little too much time in very cold air. 

One thing i had hoped for and i feel might be helpful to the game is this. When i start to run towards an objective while outside in the cold i have a limited amount of stamina before i cannot run anymore ( also depending on what layers i am wearing). Could the game mechanics be adjusted so that while i am running maybe i build a little heat up and stop myself getting colder during the running phase, or even better actually build a little heat to maybe save me from impending hypothermia? This would just be a very temporary assistance and only given if i start to run, not walk. The stamina limitation would ensure i only get the extra warmth from the muscle work and heart rate while running and as soon as i run out of stamina that causes me to need to walk or by choice i start to walk then the heat bonus stops. and i continue to loose heat?

I know that if i went outside in the cold right now in real life and started to run or jog i would start to feel warmer, even a little. I know this doesn't not exempt me from getting hypothermia but it might at least delay it a little, especially ingame when i start out and dont yet have all the great warm layers. I ma not seeking to cheat the game or make it easy to stay warm, just allow the reason for running to give a tiny bonus, and short lived one, even if it just pauses the drop in heat.

There could even be a HUD indicator showing that i am creating a little body heat. ( thats what i initially thought those scent indicators was LOL.)

Im not sure if its still in the game, but in previous build you did get warmth bonus when running. But it was so negligible(+1 degree if im not mistaken) that it made literally no difference.

In general, instead of fixed bonus, it should be perceptual, based on total warmth value provided by player clothing(25% seem to be fair). As well dressed person will retain far more heat from that extra muscular activity, compared to a hobo in a t-shirt.

On 12.06.2017 at 8:01 PM, Dirmagnos said:

As well dressed person will retain far more heat from that extra muscular activity, compared to a hobo in a t-shirt.

Then running should provide warmth and add wetness to the inner layer of the clothing cause well dressed person will certainly sweat while running.

Archived