Anyone experience being stuck with burnt out Torch?

Wasteland Watcher

Started  a campfire with a torch just as it was at 1% changing to 0%.  Was able to use it to light the campfire, immediately threw a single stick on and pulled the new torch from it but it had no flame animation. 

When I started the next campfire as the torch was getting low I added more sticks instead of pulling a torch.  Did not like the lack of flame animation so tried to extinguish or throw the torch but nothing happened and I was stuck holding the "burnt out" torch even though in inv screen it read that it was at "20%" and in use.  I then manually dropped all torches in my inventory (some burnt out torches in addition to the one I was holding ). 

When I closed the inventory screen the player character was stuck in position and could not move at all or open any menu such as inv or health.  Radial menu was not accessible via its Hot key. 

However, main menu was accessible via ESC key.  Exiting the game and then loading again works as a work around. 

Anyone else experience this?

On 6/11/2017 at 1:26 AM, Wasteland Watcher said:

Started  a campfire with a torch just as it was at 1% changing to 0%.  Was able to use it to light the campfire, immediately threw a single stick on and pulled the new torch from it but it had no flame animation. 

When I started the next campfire as the torch was getting low I added more sticks instead of pulling a torch.  Did not like the lack of flame animation so tried to extinguish or throw the torch but nothing happened and I was stuck holding the "burnt out" torch even though in inv screen it read that it was at "20%" and in use.  I then manually dropped all torches in my inventory (some burnt out torches in addition to the one I was holding ). 

When I closed the inventory screen the player character was stuck in position and could not move at all or open any menu such as inv or health.  Radial menu was not accessible via its Hot key. 

However, main menu was accessible via ESC key.  Exiting the game and then loading again works as a work around. 

Anyone else experience this?

Hi @Wasteland Watcher, if you haven't already, please log this issue in our public bug database so the testing team can investigate it - https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

Thanks for your help!

Not only this but anybody else annoyed to all hell, that you start a fire, and get that 1m, and you dont even have time to add fuel. It doesn't go to embers it just burns out. Super lame. You should have a minimum 5 seconds to add fuel when you start a new fire. 

1 hour ago, KD7BCH said:

Not only this but anybody else annoyed to all hell, that you start a fire, and get that 1m, and you dont even have time to add fuel. It doesn't go to embers it just burns out. Super lame. You should have a minimum 5 seconds to add fuel when you start a new fire. 

Are you indoors or outside when this happens? Because if there's any breeze blowing, the fire may burn out faster.

Camp Office, Ready to get a fire going with my torch that I brought in from outside, having started the fire with the mag glass, whole thing takes about 3-4 min in game time, and you get a fire going with a torch you get 1m on the fire, and as soon as you extinguish the torch, you've lost the fire. FUCK! Go back outside and if your first fire is till burning you can try again another 3-4 min time sink. I just feel the 1m (2-3 game seconds) isn't enough and why the hell don't you have any embers for a fire you just got going. No option to add 2 sticks either. 

Archived