Remove "Search Object" "Harvest Item" and reinstate back "Found item in middle of search"

thekillergreece

This new update is pretty good but there is something annoying for me that makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Before this update, ALL objects (Containers, drawers, fridge, etc, etc, etc) had their original name. You stare into a container? It would say "Metal Container". Fridge door? "Fridge Door". But this update, it just makes everything very odd. Instead of "Metal Container" it will say "SEARCH Metal Container". "SEARCH Oven" "SEARCH Fridge Door" - Excuse me, why should it say "SEARCH" when it's up to us to find out if they are searchable or not? I mean, we dont need help which object can be searched and which not. Same goes for harvesting items.

On top of that, the previous versions, if you are searching an object, an ITEM MAY be found in MIDDLE of search. For example, you are searching a body, the progress bar is slowly filling. At middle of filling, an item pops out that has been found and you decide to take it or not. But now? You must wait the progress bar to be completely filled before you get the "results" which is not that realistic.

3 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

I absolutely hated this constant clicking every time something is found. Current way is far better. You just go thru stuff and decide what to take when youre done with search.

Now it's constant empty wait.

15 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

This new update is pretty good but there is something annoying for me that makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Before this update, ALL objects (Containers, drawers, fridge, etc, etc, etc) had their original name. You stare into a container? It would say "Metal Container". Fridge door? "Fridge Door". But this update, it just makes everything very odd. Instead of "Metal Container" it will say "SEARCH Metal Container". "SEARCH Oven" "SEARCH Fridge Door" - Excuse me, why should it say "SEARCH" when it's up to us to find out if they are searchable or not? I mean, we dont need help which object can be searched and which not. Same goes for harvesting items.

On top of that, the previous versions, if you are searching an object, an ITEM MAY be found in MIDDLE of search. For example, you are searching a body, the progress bar is slowly filling. At middle of filling, an item pops out that has been found and you decide to take it or not. But now? You must wait the progress bar to be completely filled before you get the "results" which is not that realistic.

It's seems to be the new politic in video games. Everything needed to tell to players ? 

They will tell you which the utility for each item, for each thing, they tell you what you are doing, ''you starting a fire", you "searching...".

Since a long time I don't like that. 

Part of the surviving is to search how you could use an object, what you can do with it in a certain situation. I choosed play without HUB now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived