Post v1.0 sandbox update ? Be a Primitive Survivor

Vinceofpyrenees

I see perfeclty a post v1.0 update that could called "Primitive ressourful" for example, with these features : 

- Primitive fire-making : become independant from the civilization. Hinerland already mentioned that.

- Primitive/improvised bedding (with branches, as @Muk_Pile suggested it in another thread) : with all the risk and disadvantage it means, especially for the resting on the ground without anything.

- A new affliction, back pain:  from sleeping directly on the ground, like we suggested in another thread.

- Real-time cooking, because it fits well and give the time to the survivor to make other primitivs task (which requiere a lot of time, especially at low levels). That could also, give the time while cooking, to harden the spear-head into the fire. 

- Spears (that is a lot wished). 

- Water from waterfalls : with all the risk and affliction we've mentionned in another thread. (frosbite, getting wet, risk of sprain and back pain)

- *Moonlight and real non based map navigation ? (surely fallen into the water with Faithfull Cartographer). 

- A new large map, a deep forest with a lot of trees and 1-2 waterfalls, without any houses, few civilized loot, (less than Timberwolf Moutain) ! Why no houses? To reinforce the need to build primitives beds and snowshelters. With cougar, grizzly and moose.

- Grizlly, Cougar, Moose, and other animals. We miss some birds too : like the white Harfang (could really nicely surprising me to see a Harfang quickly flying in front of me, hunting a rabbit). Maybe young animals would be a nice addition (and a dilemna to kill them, like it is actually with rabbits. my heart beat eacht time I choose to kill them). 

- Few new north-west canada comestible plants

- Break the ice and fish, and get water. At some places on rivers the ice could be thinner :  let the player discover these places on the whole river ! Could be able on lakes to (Hinterland could detele few existing fisherman holes to balance it). But be careful, it have a risk to create thin ice, and the risk to immediately fall into the cold water ! 

- A new experience, to approach a better realism : 1. Amount of animals like in Interloper (all kind), but less respawn! This is to learn to manage population. 2. Few more calories from food (especially meat and fish, and some others). 3. Loots like in Interloper (but with few example of riffles, knife and hatchet, every good items have to be represented into the game, but rare). 4. Durability of clothes and some other items increased (whetstones, bow).  5. Wheather like it is in Stalker. 

Imagine the new interesting skills that we could have !

Imagine how you could finally become totally independant from the civilization !

Be the next revenant.

44 minutes ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

white Harfang

?

[Google to the rescue]

Oh.. the White Owl.. yes, owls would be very cool to have in this game. I had one startle the heck out of me while out walking at night, a few days ago.

Speaking of cool, 'Harfang' is way cooler sounding than 'owl'. B|

4 minutes ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

see, a harfang, it's a term that exist

Sorry.. wasn't trying to suggest it wasn't a real word..  just that I wasn't familiar with it. I only did one year of French in school (and that was over 40 years ago! O.o)

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2017 at 4:12 AM, Vinceofpyrenees said:

I see perfeclty a post v1.0 update that could called "Primitive ressourful" for example, with these features : 

- Primitive fire-making : become independant from the civilization. Hinerland already mentioned that.

- Primitive/improvised bedding (with branches, as @Muk_Pile suggested it in another thread) : with all the risk and disadvantage it means, especially for the resting on the ground without anything.

- A new affliction, back pain:  from sleeping directly on the ground, like we suggested in another thread.

- Real-time cooking, because it fits well and give the time to the survivor to make other primitivs task (which requiere a lot of time, especially at low levels). That could also, give the time while cooking, to harden the spear-head into the fire. 

- Spears (that is a lot wished). 

- Water from waterfalls : with all the risk and affliction we've mentionned in another thread. (frosbite, getting wet, risk of sprain and back pain)

- *Moonlight and real non based map navigation ? (surely fallen into the water with Faithfull Cartographer). 

- A new large map, a deep forest with a lot of trees and 1-2 waterfalls, without any houses, few civilized loot, (less than Timberwolf Moutain) ! Why no houses? To reinforce the need to build primitives beds and snowshelters. With cougar, grizzly and moose.

- Grizlly, Cougar, Moose, and other animals. We miss some birds too : like the white Harfang (could really nicely surprising me to see a Harfang quickly flying in front of me, hunting a rabbit). Maybe young animals would be a nice addition (and a dilemna to kill them, like it is actually with rabbits. my heart beat eacht time I choose to kill them). 

- Few new north-west canada comestible plants

- Break the ice and fish, and get water. At some places on rivers the ice could be thinner :  let the player discover these places on the whole river ! Could be able on lakes to (Hinterland could detele few existing fisherman holes to balance it). But be careful, it have a risk to create thin ice, and the risk to immediately fall into the cold water ! 

- A new experience, to approach a better realism : 1. Amount of animals like in Interloper (all kind), but less respawn! This is to learn to manage population. 2. Few more calories from food (especially meat and fish, and some others). 3. Loots like in Interloper (but with few example of riffles, knife and hatchet, every good items have to be represented into the game, but rare). 4. Durability of clothes and some other items increased (whetstones, bow).  5. Wheather like it is in Stalker. 

Imagine the new interesting skills that we could have !

Imagine how you could finally become totally independant from the civilization !

Be the next revenant.

I like everything here especially the New Experience Mode and Sleeping on the ground. Except for spears. Would be too op for wolves.

4 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I like everything here especially the New Experience Mode and Sleeping on the ground. Except for spears. Would be too op for wolves.

If spears are introduced I think that a good idea to implement them would be to make them only for using against bears with an environment interaction location needed to deploy. The spear needs a rock or some fortification spot on the ground to brace effectively against the weight of the bear as it charges at you and is impaled when player raises the spear before it is on top of you or once the struggle occurs there is an option to use the spear and it is killed that way. The movie called The Edge portrays this tactic used by Native Americans to great effect B|

Archived