Theory on stone throwing

michael_martin

Hey folks,

I'm loving the update and having a lot of fun moments with the new changes. I'm writing because I had an interesting experience throwing stones and wanted some feedback.

Last night I was playing stalker on Desolation Point. I was trying to get into the lighthouse but there was a wolf patrolling the path. I pulled out some stones to see if I could hit him, and even though I did not strike him, I noticed he seemed to briefly trot in the directions the stones traveled...

What I'm asking is, can the stones be used as a diversion, to distract wolves if you have no decoys? Any thoughts on this??

5 hours ago, michael_martin said:

What I'm asking is, can the stones be used as a diversion, to distract wolves if you have no decoys? Any thoughts on this??

So far as we can tell, this is the only way to use stones against wolves.. as a distraction. They turn to investigate the noise made when the stone hits the ground.

Hinterland's statement that "Thrown Stones might even scare off a wolf, if you're very lucky." seems to be quite misleading* as to their actual function.

* - I'm not claiming that was intentional on Hinterland's part.. it's just that so far, nobody has reported any success with throwing stones at wolves. Distracting them, on the other hand, appears to be very effective.

Archived