Back...For Good (And Reminiscing)

So...hello all again. Just got back into TLD for the first time in months, after complications regarding schooling caused me to start taking more time out for studying rather than braving the quiet, cold, apocalypse. I have to say, Ralph; love what you guys did with the game (except for the save wipe...I was JUST SHORT of breaking 100 days and getting ready to head into Forlorn Muskeg! But, I can forgive.)...it looks amazing, and the cartography changes are perfect. Nailed it right on the head, at least for me.

I remember way back in the early stages of this game, when all we had was Mystery Lake and players still found Fluffy as a complete and total surprise (Do they still? I used to simply avoid going into the Dam because of her.) I was really glad to see a game like this coming onto the market, competing with all the 'zombie apocalypse' or 'nuclear fallout' games out there...that, and I have an affinity for winter-type survival, as I've mentioned before here I believe. TLD's come so far, and it's been an honour getting to see it go through development, little by little.

I wish you all on the dev team good luck at Wintermute release and beyond, and can't wait to see what happens from there.

Sunset of the first day at the Desolation Point lighthouse.

IHfWjeD.jpg

Early dawn of day 2.

UI4inyo.jpg

And daybreak...preparing to move out in search of food.

V4Vo14s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived