Termometer and some other UI

exeexe

There need to be a way to see what the temperature is, and its not to make the game easier. Its because i dont immerse myself into the bitter coldness when i cant see how cold it is. I dont feel im in a deadly cold environment. My brain just goes into its "colder than what is comfortably". And this is not enough for immersion.

Well either put the temperature back on the screen when i press tab or make it possible to find a thermometer.

It could be something antique and big and clumsy as this one

http://barometersonline.biz/2014/07/24/antique-dutch-wooden-carved-wall-hanging-barometer-thermometer

And then you hang it on the outside of the wall of your home.

Also could there be a button in the fire menu which allows you to spend time until the fire is out. This makes sense now that u can pick up charcoal.

Also there should me a medic window giving you an overview of the condition of your body.

7 hours ago, exeexe said:

Also there should me a medic window giving you an overview of the condition of your body.

There is.. it's the Status page.. accessed by pressing the 'f' shortcut on your keyboard. What really sucks is that you can't treat any afflictions whilst on that same page.

That's a cool idea. In order to monitor temperature you got to find a thermometer, keep it in your backpack, equip to use, maybe even wait a bit for precise readings. When you go outside time is needed for thermometer to cool down too. While walking outside, no time is needed. Until found you cannot see temp anywhere, just estimate it by the speed you are loosing warmth - 1 to 3 marks.

this was suggested and logged as a bug during the play testing of the latest branch. Log it again if you want to provide more feedback and they can join the issues together. Not knowing the exact temp adds to the element of fear and unknown. Some like it some do not. Even if they make that item useful at harder levels or only available at certain levels in the game it would make perfect sense. From a design standpoint, a theoretical place like this in Canada you would most certainly find them attached to houses and other places.

I would love to see it where the "feels like" temp is a set of words/phrases and not an exact #. something like... Frigging cold, mighty toasty, a bit nipply, my balls are earings,   (pardon the expressions)  but you get the meaning. Then when you find an actual thermometer, it changes the way you think you can now equate actual temps to the feels like given your surroundings, weather, and clothing. Just my opinion. 

Of course, I would love to have more craftable stuff too but I gotta wait for that.

On XBox you just bring up the radial menu and press A to see the temp and wind chill.  It'd be nice to see it on the move but I can understand Hinterland's approach to going for the minimalist first glance icons. 

When the new interface was just released I found constantly myself checking character status screen so I could see the exact "feels like" temperature. 

Now that I've gotten used to it I can read the meaning of one down arrow on the "survival HUD's" thermometer versus, for example, three down arrows on it. 

• 1 month later...
On 03/08/2017 at 8:17 PM, Widoface said:

I'd really invite the temperature indicator back in the quick stats.

Or maybe pull a resume of stats in transparency by the Radial menu and maybe pull that on parameters of HUD, so people can choose

Archived