Sleeping anywhere

Vinceofpyrenees

It is natural, when a human is exhausted, he can sleep virtually anywhere. I think that we should be able to sleep on the ground ("on the floor" ? I don't know the words in english), with disadvantage : less recovering of fatigue than normally (like -25%) and risk of a back pain (calculated on the time sleeped).

A risk of back pain : Hinterland, you could have a new challenge to create a new affliction ! 

- This affliction could reduce the capacity of carrying weight, like -20% to begin ! I could be treated with pain killer (and cynorrhodons), and need additional 8 hours of rest (not on the ground or the backpain will not disappear). If we sleep again on the ground, the affliction will increase of 2% per each hour of sleep on the ground. 

- It also could reduce the ability to run (-20% faster) and to climb (more fatigue for doing it or). 

A new affliction is also...cool to see. It brings diversity.

But I don't want to die again (especially in Interloper because we have no bedroll so it is impossible to sleep in caves). For one time, don't sacrifice realism for the balance of the game (that is subjective). And I don't see any potential problem for balancing it. 

In the same way, it could be nice, at least, to be actually able to sleep on the ice in the bedroll. For which reason it is impossible ? 

IRL, if I were stuck out in the middle of a frozen wilderness without a bedroll, I'd find a pine tree & lop-off a few branches to make some improvised bedding.  Though it might not be the most comfortable thing to rest on, it keeps you off the ground, which would suck all the heat of your body before you even got half a wink of sleep.

If this type of bedding were implemented into the game, I'd like to see it in this form:

Improvised Bedding

• Recipe: 4 Pine Branches (harvested from Pine Trees; can be slowly broken-off by hand or quickly chopped down with a tool)

• Build Time: 10 minutes

• Can be built inside of Snow Shelters and Caves

• Temperture Boost: 2o C / 3.6o F

• Degradation Rates: 5% for every hour of sleep/rest (i.e. 20 hours), 1% every hour unused (i.e. 4 days & 4 hours)

• Repairs: 1 Pine Branch = 25% Repaired

2 hours ago, Muk_Pile said:

IRL, if I were stuck out in the middle of a frozen wilderness without a bedroll, I'd find a pine tree & lop-off a few branches to make some improvised bedding.  Though it might not be the most comfortable thing to rest on, it keeps you off the ground, which would suck all the heat of your body before you even got half a wink of sleep.

If this type of bedding were implemented into the game, I'd like to see it in this form:

Improvised Bedding

• Recipe: 4 Pine Branches (harvested from Pine Trees; can be slowly broken-off by hand or quickly chopped down with a tool)

• Build Time: 10 minutes

• Can be built inside of Snow Shelters and Caves

• Temperture Boost: 2o C / 3.6o F

• Degradation Rates: 5% for every hour of sleep/rest (i.e. 20 hours), 1% every hour unused (i.e. 4 days & 4 hours)

• Repairs: 1 Pine Branch = 25% Repaired

It's a great suggestion. Mine was for be able to sleep if you have nothing (even if it is in rare case). 

Archived