I hate indoor corpses!!!!

So I started my 1st Faithful Cartographer sandbox yesterday. Corpse in Camp Office and one in my favorite cabin near Nameless Pond. Ok...quit out and start a new sandbox.

2nd Sandbox..Corpse in Camp Office. This time Nameless Pond cabin is clean but no box under the bed...hmmm...

Start THIRD sandbox: Corpse in Camp Office...again! Nameless Pond Cabin thankfully only has bodies outside :) But still no box under the bed like my pre-Faithful Cartographer cabin...

It would be nice if we could drag those bodies outside... not in first person, but as a simple option similar to the "search body" function that makes the screen black out for 5 minutes or so and has the player grunting as they lug the corpse out, and then the screen fades in and you are in the cabin, but when you go outside, there it is on the ground.
Sure would be nice...^_^

Just now, EricTheGreat12 said:

Not this again......

Have you seen the Wishlist forum on this topic ? Already gone through a ton...

No I haven't but that I'm not alone on this is good. It means the possibility may slightly exist someday :P

So I've started 4 sandboxes and every single one has a corpse in Camp Office. Is Dead Zed standard issue now? NP cabin only one out of 4 but no interior storage.

I have started 2 new sandboxes and first one had mr corpses the other one did not, personally I think all should not contain them, it's a bit creepy if you ask me that we have to live with a dead body in our living space, and the smell? yeah? I just don't get the idea apart from it being a story mode, that they cant fix in sandbox due to spoilers or something? time commitments.

12 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Stinky:S

My neighbor died a few years back but noone noticed for 10 days... and that SMELL I will never ever forget:/ 

So now...even in video games, I can't stand corpses:$

That's awful, I am sorry you had that experience.

58 minutes ago, nicko said:

I have started 2 new sandboxes and first one had mr corpses the other one did not, personally I think all should not contain them, it's a bit creepy if you ask me that we have to live with a dead body in our living space, and the smell? yeah? I just don't get the idea apart from it being a story mode, that they cant fix in sandbox due to spoilers or something? time commitments.

I hope that if enough of us continue commenting that we'll get the "move em outside" option

6 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Stinky:S

My neighbor died a few years back but noone noticed for 10 days... and that SMELL I will never ever forget:/ 

So now...even in video games, I can't stand corpses:$

The same thing happened to me.

My neighbor shot himself in the head and it took a good while to find him.

It was an apartment building and he lived next door.

I didn't know him but they dragged his body in a body bag (quite sloppily) right in front of my door.

I found it to be disrespectful to drag a deceased man like that.

Since I always stayed off to myself I never talked to him or got to know him at all.

I'm a loner with anxiety issues so I don't get out that much.

When they opened his door, that smell of human decomposition + metallic blood...and the maggots.

I even heard the shot but thought it was a backfire from a vehicle.

I slept in my apartment with a cadaver next door for close to a week and a half.

It was late summer/early autumn so there really wasn't a smell until that door opened.

I'll never forget that experience.

I think it's time for a couple of shots of bourbon. :(

17 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

So I've started 4 sandboxes and every single one has a corpse in Camp Office. Is Dead Zed standard issue now?

Not always.. he's missing from my current Voyageur playthrough.

(as a bonus, if he's missing from the Camp Office, there's a chance (only a chance) that the Prepper's Cache is nearby. (So far, it seems that if the cache is near the Camp Office, the body won't spawn inside.)

4 hours ago, SnowWalker said:

Hahaha, I didn't know his name was Dead Zed :D

Heh.. I usually address him as Charlie, or Bob, whenever I greet him in passing. "Hey there Bob.. you're looking chill today, dude!"

@Wasteland Watcher

I like to pretend that the extreme cold in TLD keeps the smell at a minimum.

It's just a completely different experience when you see dead folks in TLD (Or any other game or film.) once you know what human decomp smells like in real life.

I don't know if having an experience like ours makes the game more authentic or not.

Maybe we are getting an extra kick to the nards (In a good way.) when we run across a "Frozen Joe" because we both had the unfortunate opportunity to catch a whiff of death.

Hell if I know.

With a game about humanity getting a swift kick in the gut and realization to limitations, bodies are inevitable. I do like that the thought train here and that other thread goes towards wanting a way to move them as opposed to just not wanting them to appear in interiors. The latter would be a sad takeaway from the overall feel of the game.

I think what kinda creeps me out more is the lack of bodies in the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley.  It feels so much....emptier, making the ambient sounds all the more spooky.

There is an upside, at least, from what I have read and seen thus far.  There aren't any standing bodies, like someone who died leaning against a wall and rigor didn't give out before they were frozen that way.  At this time when I am sure the developers would add in NPC's in sandbox on a whim with no notice for shits and giggles, and I wouldn't hold it against them, such a thing would make me actually wet myself.  I already coldquit a gameplay because I was being pursued by a wolf in the dark, I was keeping it at bay with a flare, and out of the frikkin dark comes a deer bounding out at me.  The only way I could have gotten to my desktop faster was by the game crashing.

This game scares the living bejeezus out of me, and I love it. I do sympathize with those of you who have dealt with such things real life, but I don't want anything taken away that adds to the overhanging doom of the theme.  But I wouldn't mind, given the opportunity, to find a way to put such people to rest.  Maybe at least by burying them in the snow in a nook off the beaten trail.

15 minutes ago, Samsonguy920 said:

I already coldquit a gameplay because I was being pursued by a wolf in the dark, I was keeping it at bay with a flare, and out of the frikkin dark comes a deer bounding out at me.  The only way I could have gotten to my desktop faster was by the game crashing.

This game scares the living bejeezus out of me, and I love it.

Heh.. nothing like the odd heart attack to make you love a game..

It's a testament to the awesome job the devs have done with TLD, that it can do things like this.

Just now, JAFO said:

Heh.. nothing like the odd heart attack to make you love a game..

It's a testament to the awesome job the devs have done with TLD, that it can do things like this.

In my current gameplay I will be going through Carter Dam soon. I am not looking forward to that as that place does give me the heebie-jeebies something awful, and that's without Fluffy around. I am sure she will be there by the time I go in this time.

1 minute ago, Samsonguy920 said:

I will be going through Carter Dam soon. I am not looking forward to that as that place does give me the heebie-jeebies something awful, and that's without Fluffy around. I am sure she will be there by the time I go in this time.

Yeah.. if Fluffy isn't around when you're in the Upper Dam, be aware that she still may pop up if you go to the Lower Dam, then return to the Upper.. Raphael has confirmed it's a bug for that to happen, but it hasn't been fixed yet.

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Yeah.. if Fluffy isn't around when you're in the Upper Dam, be aware that she still may pop up if you go to the Lower Dam, then return to the Upper.. Raphael has confirmed it's a bug for that to happen, but it hasn't been fixed yet.

I will be proceeding like Shaggy and Scooby Doo combined through the entire thing. Until I see am in full daylight again, my guard will be up 200%.

Archived