Faithful cartographer general feedback

Wasteland Watcher

Feedback for the Faithful Cartographer update for Hinterland Studio:

-"Feels like" info should really be shown on the "clothing screen" as well.

-The new "opened food can" icon doesn't look enough like a can of food/it is not very intuitive looking. I found myself "searching" for the food icon "filter" on the backpack menu screen. Ever consider a good ol' fork & knife icon?

- selecting a burned out torch in the inventory screen makes a "flame" sound.  This seems like a bug because a burned out torch making a flame sound is not accurate. 

- when you're a holding the rifle,  it looks awkwardly high up on screen.   I highly recommend positioning it lower on the screen the way it was in version .393 but with hands.  We don't need to see *all* of our arms on screen for first person presence.   Right now it really looks really unnatural. 

- all info in the HUD should be centered near the bottom of the screen, not spread around. 

-new "shielded from wind" icon not nearly as intuitive in appearance as the v.393 icon. Twisty shield? :P 

-On windy days (windchill was only -10) the clouds zoom by at an unrealistically fast speed. Maybe this is by design but it's a little distracting. 

-Dead bodies that are indoors ought not to be covered in snow. 

- We get a TORCH from a campfire instead of a brand. It's like we went back to using placeholders regarding that. Please bring back brands.  6/10

-Wolf smelling decoys on player works well but if you are not carrying meat/guts and are crouched it seems they can't really sense the player at all. If that's how it is IRL then fine but if not, please adjust it. 6/12

-Rabbit A.I. needs work: Not only do they seem slower than before, but they act like they want to get hit by rocks and become food. 6/15

-Shielded from Wind icon needs to be shown on Campfire/Cooking screens when it applies. 6/15

- all the new textures and colors, and what looks to be all new models are just astounding! Awesome job:)

- more to follow in edits to this post 

If some of these comments seem a little nitpicky, my apologies. Just being honest.

Finally, want to state that I'm really impressed with this game and want to thank you again.

Since December 2015 this is my favorite game and Hinterland is my favorite studio.

Archived